Zumba

Options
Hello all!(:

I was wondering if Zumba really works..

I'm getting it soon and wanted to know because I want to kick the weight-loss off and shoo that flab away!! Is there anyone out there that has had success with it? If so I would love to hear from you! :D

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'd do a search in the forums about Zumba. There are a lot of threads about it.

It's a lot of fun if you like to dance.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I Zumna once or twice a wek and according to the database it burns about 420 cal/hr. I think that is pretty good. And it is super fun. I use it to sub for my other cardio stuuf so I dont get bored. i go to a class at my gym, so i am not sure about the videos or anything like that.
  • mikesnwgirl
    Options
    I love ZUMBA!! I go to a class 3 times a week and walk 2 days a week It's working for me. I feel toned and in great shape already! I just started going in May. Along with a healthy diet I have lost 35lbs already!!! Good luck I know you'll love it.
  • charitylove
    Options
    I tried Zumba for Wii once. It is basically aerobics set to Latin music. I am personally 2 left feet when it comes to aerobics and dance, so I wasn't that impressed. Ask me again this winter when it rains for 5 months straight (I live in Portland, Oregon).
  • mommy2b2
    mommy2b2 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have never done the DVD's but I have been going to Zumba classes at my gym 2-3 times a week and it is by far my most favorite workout. Zumba is all I did for months and I have dropped a ton of weight along with counting calories. It is so much fun!!
  • Whitney080
    Options
    Thank you guys! I'm looking forward to trying the DVDs ! (:

Good luck on all your journeys! ^^
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love zumba I usually go about 2-3 times a week

I will say that the database is not really correct in the calories burned because as I loose more weight I burn less calories

I started out easily burning 600-700 in each class and now I am between 400-450
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Zumba looks like fun! I am thinking about trying it too...
    10132576.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I take Zumba 4 days a week then do other classes, according to my HRM I burn anywhere from like 450-650..it's so great!
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! It's a fun way to burn a LOT of calories.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba for Wii once. It is basically aerobics set to Latin music. I am personally 2 left feet when it comes to aerobics and dance, so I wasn't that impressed. Ask me again this winter when it rains for 5 months straight (I live in Portland, Oregon).

I can't dance, either. I mean, I REALLY cannot dance. whatsoever. But I love Zumba!! It's so fun.

You can burn a TON of calories doing Zumba, which I love. :)
  • DarcieC2389
    Options
    The calories burned per hour would depend on how many minutes and the intensity. I burn 800-1000 cal. with heart rate monitor for a 60 min. class. I go twice a week.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It has gotten me in ok shape. I wouldn't say it was the exercise that really got the weight off for me. But it's a great start!