Slim Thighs

Options
I went and tried on jeans today and was not happy at all. I have huge thighs and I HATE them! I wish they would just disappear. What are some good exercises that can help thin them out? Thanks!

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Well you can't spot reduce. If you are trying to loose fat, your body will take it from where ever it wants too. Walking/jogging/running, squats, things like that will help work the muscle and make them tighter.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce fat. but you can get better shaped thighs with cardio (running, elliptical, bike, etc) or you can do hip abductions. squats and lunges will tone the muscle as well.
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    My thighs are almost all muscle, just a little bit of fat near the top.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    I believe that your body will take fat from closest to the muscle that needs it (if it's available of course).

I read about this recently and looking at my body and how I work out I believe it to be true. I can see the areas of weight loss is relevant to how hard they are worked.

So work those thigh muscles!

Edit: just read your reply, if they are all muscle why do you hate them????
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    I feel your pain, my thighs are always the last to loose the weight, they are slowly shrinking, but my top half of my body is getting boney while my inner thighs are just clinging to the fat like a pit bull with a bone! I keep doing my treadmill, squats , lunges, & have faith that someday they will be smaller, but also acccept thats always gonna be my trouble spot.I welcome suggestions as well.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • lilsnowbird
    Options
    want to break up the relationship between my left and right thighs as well.....want to see a separation.....interested in the replies...
  • FoxWilkinson
    FoxWilkinson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly, big thighs and wide hips run in my family. Genes can contribute, at least in my case. I have been having the hardest time losing fat around these areas.

Doing the usual squats/lunges/glute kick-backs/running and biking will help. Going to a weekly RPM class(indoor cycling) has really helped me trim my thighs/hips. I also have a girlfriend who does Kung-Fu twice a week and her thighs/butt are so toned it's amazing. It's pretty different for everyone.

Good luck finding what works!
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    I feel your pain, my thighs are always the last to loose the weight, they are slowly shrinking, but my top half of my body is getting boney while my inner thighs are just clinging to the fat like a pit bull with a bone! I keep doing my treadmill, squats , lunges, & have faith that someday they will be smaller, but also acccept thats always gonna be my trouble spot.I welcome suggestions as well.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    ditto
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    I believe that your body will take fat from closest to the muscle that needs it (if it's available of course).

I read about this recently and looking at my body and how I work out I believe it to be true. I can see the areas of weight loss is relevant to how hard they are worked.

I do have some fat, its not all muscle. But they are huge and it makes it really hard to find jeans. And I'm short which makes them look bigger... :(
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    my bff swears by her thigh master. It works for her. I am the other kind of big. All boobs and midsection.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I do have some fat, its not all muscle. But they are huge and it makes it really hard to find jeans. And I'm short which makes them look bigger... :(

Try straight legged jeans.. not those crazy skinny jeans.. those will just make them look bigger. I know.. I've got a big butt and hips, but thinner thighs and thin lower legs, so when I stand with my legs together I look like an upside-down triangle.

Gap makes good straight jeans that I've found at their outlet called Curvy Straight Jeans... Check them out!