Back after 1 Year... Looking for friends and support

Options
Hi, all! My name is Chelle, and I'm looking to get back on track. I lost 140 lbs., got happy rather than determined, and gained about 30 lbs. back over the past 8 months. Now I'm ready to tackle the next half and get to my goal weight.

One thing I didn't do in the past is work out, so I'm looking to expand on that. I'm a huge cook, so I love to eat. I need to watch my portions, and work out enough to maintain loss while enjoying life.

My goal isn't so much a number as it is a lifestyle. I want to be fit, I want to be healthy, and I want to be proud when I look in the mirror. A mom of two teenagers, I know that having the same body I had in college isn't necessarily realistic, but being healthy and happy in my own skin is always reasonable.

Looking for like-minded people to join me on this journey.

Have an amazing day!

Replies

• mon_amour89
    mon_amour89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Brittney. Add me please!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm returning after at 68 lbs loss then a 20 lb gain... or something like that!
    41 lbs till goal :-)

• cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A mom of two teenagers, I know that having the same body I had in college isn't necessarily realistic
    Why isn't it realistic? Are you not able-bodied, with the same number of limbs, etc?

It is very possible -if you are willing to stick to the necessary training and nutritional requirements- to have a body as good or better than in "college". There are people on here in there 40s, 50s and 60s who have done it.

According to your profile you lost 100 lbs last year so why would you think you could not do that 2 times over?
    Returning with a negative viewpoint and a false premise seems odd to me.
    Being honest enough with yourself to say you lack the discipline to stick to your nutritional plan and/or are not willing to train hard enough is fine, but please don't imply no one is capable of it.

If you want to be fit then make sure you are training properly (not just a "work out") because just "losing weight" can come at the cost of lean muscle and bone density even if you are "working out".

Consider this:
    Thinner Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Female Body
  • purplicious86
    purplicious86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had lost significantly then gained about 30lbs back over the past 10 months. Adding you!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Schoolgirl619
    Schoolgirl619 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Get it, girl! you can do this!
  • megallagan
    megallagan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Just want to say that you’re amazing! I am so inspired by your journey so far. I just joined, and it’s nice to see someone with such drive and positivity, hoping it rubs off on me. :smile: Best of luck, sending you support and good vibes!!