Teachers with no time...30 pounds to go...

Options
Hi! Here's the 'skinny' (ugh!):
I teach first grade. I also run a literacy program. I am 40 pounds too heavy to be happy with myself. So, here's my plan:

Actually STICK to exercising 30 minutes, 3 times a week, no matter what, and no matter how exhausted I am.

Actually STICK to eating healthy, planned out meals to meet my daily calorie goals.

LOSE at least 20 pounds by Christmas.

Anyone with me? :)

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    you got this...

nike once said: there is always someone busier than you who is working out right now. just do it. (http://www.starling-fitness.com/wp-content/uploads/busyrunner.jpg)

also packing my meals for the whole day the night before helps me as does getting my work out in in the morning.

I'm shooting to lose 16 by christmas!
  • deadliftdavie1918
    deadliftdavie1918 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yup! I teach high school, I know how crazy it can get. Be sure to pack good lunches and eat breakfast in the morning, and for me, working out is such a huge stress reliever after a crazy day. My gym is far enough from my school that I never see students there so it's really MY time. No matter how many papers are screaming at me to be graded, they can wait a half an hour so I can clear my head and give my kids the teacher they deserve.
  • s_cheryl
    s_cheryl Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm in..also a teacher and worried about how going back to school is going to impact my very new habits! I'd love to be down 25 pounds by the start of 2012...we have a trip to Cuba booked for then!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm also a 1st grade teacher..i have about 30 pounds to lose by Christmas..I'm so with you!