New to keto

Options
Starting two week keto challenge Sunday looking for some cheer leaders

Replies

• alexsa00
    alexsa00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Keto on Monday...so far so good! I'm here for you!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Are you just doing a two week challenge to motivate you to get started? Don't just do keto for two weeks, you'll just lose a bunch of water weight and then gain it back when you start.

I don't do keto, but good luck I hope you get off to a good start :drinker:
  • SteveP999Tx
    SteveP999Tx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree. A two week keto will take off the water weight and as soon as you go back to carbs, put it on. I've been there a few times.

But, you'll be amazed how much you lose in two weeks!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a 2 week challenge designed to be an introduction to keto, meant to be followed up on.
  • trishgrzybowski
    trishgrzybowski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I understand. The follow up after the challenge is to either continue with keto or continue with low carb. I am already low carb since diagnosed with diabetes 2015," I beat it." But still need to lose more weight. Keto challenge was hard on my system, so I am back to low carb. I stay just under 100
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    I've been keto for nearly 2 years. It's not something you do for 2 weeks, then quit. It is a lifestyle change, not a "challenge", not a "diet" and certainly not something you do for only 2 weeks. If you aren't willing to put in that kind of permanent commitment, then don't do it. For one, it can take up to 2 weeks to even get your body into ketosis. Please research the WOE far more than you obviously have to help you understand what it is, but more importantly, what it is not.

Yes. More than likely just doing a "keto challenge" will end up spending half of that with the dreaded Keto Flu. IMO, basically, your whole thought process on food and eating has to change, and not just for a small amount of time. It is a commitment, disciplined and dedicated WOE.