Help....i still have a ton of calories to eat

Options
I thought i was doing well today, until right now!...i added my dinner , and then my snack i had and i am still lacking 800 calories15 gms of fact and about 30 gms of carbs..
Should i switch my meals around , eat more food, eat more often?

Replies

• nancylong1975
    Options
    You should eat more often but smaller meals
  • DakotaCowboyMom
    Options
    If I have a day where I need to add calories I usually have some trail mix. Still pretty healthy but definately high in calories.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I need to open a bottle of wine!
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    At first I had this problem and learned eating healthy things high in calories helped. Things like nuts or peanut butter as snacks. I still have issues trying to get over 1200 calories but if I see that after lunch I still have too many calories I will eat a little bit of a larger snack.
  • Lindyteach
    Lindyteach Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try almonds, yoghurt, wholemeal toast with peanut butter.
  • Ajwilson67
    Options
    thanks for the info, im little hessitant to eat anything else, its 730 p and i have gone over my limit in protein....i guess i will start better tomorrow...
  • SimplyFreckled
    Options
    thanks for the info, im little hessitant to eat anything else, its 730 p and i have gone over my limit in protein....i guess i will start better tomorrow...

*breath*

MFP underestimates your protien. It is ALWAYS ok to go over on protien and Fiber.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options

a bottle of wine won't help when you can't get the cap off of your water Freckle Face!
    Just breathe through it!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about going over protein.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    If you have nuts that helps get calories up. Also have some fruit too.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If you have nuts that helps get calories up.

:bigsmile:
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Yeah the protein on here is super low. I though would suggest getting an avacado. Yummy
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

Going over in protein is not bad. I personally think protein is set to low on the MFP defaults.

ETA: I am to freaking slow!! :laugh:
  • mimiswoboda
    Options

Always a good source of calorie! I believe I will do the same tonight! :0)
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I plan out most of my food and exercise for the day in the morning or the night before. By planning ahead I have a good idea of what my intake and exercise burn will be. This way I can "pre-eat" a lot of my calories throughout the day so that I don't get caught with a huge calorie deficit at the end of the day that I need to try to catch up on.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

Always a good source of calorie! I believe I will do the same tonight! :0)

I so wish I could, but I am afraid it will effect my early Saturday morning 8-10 mile run.
  • SimplyFreckled
    Options

a bottle of wine won't help when you can't get the cap off of your water Freckle Face!
    Just breathe through it!

No No.. Wine bottles are easy, its that white thingy covering my water bottle!!! *UGH*
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Keep in mind that the protein goal that MFP gives is generally too low. You should be getting .5 to 1 gram of protein for each pound of lean body weight.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options

Just breathe through it!

No No.. Wine bottles are easy, its that white thingy covering my water bottle!!! *UGH*

then let the wine flow... looks like you are gonna need it tonight LOL
    might even quench your thirst since that white thingy is preventing you from consuming the water.

Wish I could help with that one...
  • Ajwilson67
    Options
    ww ya'll are great~...my hubby makes his own wine...the apple is my FAV!....I am not a big drinker tho....lol
    I love avacados!!!!!.....
    I have a bunch of fruit ...and some nuts hanging around ( no pun intended)...i guess i will eat a little of those.
    Glad to hear i am not a total Looser going over on the protein...HAHAH