Newbee

Hi everyone. My name is Pam. I'm new to this (2nd day). I am really loving the program though. Much better than WW. I'm a diabetic, and I do find that my blood sugar tends to drop. I'm used to eating more often. Anyone have any suggestions how to keep from BS drops?

Replies

• tnc9424
    tnc9424 Posts: 47 Member
    not sure if its the same thing but i had gestational diabetes all 3 times i was pregnant. I had to eat at least every 3 hours to keep my blood sugar from dropping. I was on a "carb control diet". I ate 30 carbs at breakfast, then a 15 carb snack, 65 carbs for lunch, 15 carb snack and 45 carbs for supper and then a 15 carb snack. My blood sugar level stayed at a constant level when I did this. And I actually lost almost 10 pounds in a week and I was pregnant. Maybe this will help. :)
  • tnealxx1
    tnealxx1 Posts: 10
    hey there! tim told me you were coming to fitnesspal!! welcome!! we love it!
    I notice my sugar drops more often when i dont eat protien at every meal.
    so i have been trying to do that, as well as work out everyday. ..so far so good.
    im currently working on week one. i started eating a protien bar of some sort
    30 minutes b4 i go to work out and most of the time im good.
    it is truly a battle thats forsure!! well good luck !! let me know if you need anything.
    ~Tiffany
  • jbourque
    jbourque Posts: 33 Member
    Hi, I guess I'm kind of new here.My name is Jocelyn. I've tried out the site before and found somethings very helpful like the before and after stories. I have a hard time staying motivated and I'm hoping that this time around I'll be more successful. I do have some trouble with tracking as well, so that's something I'll need to work on, hopefully with the help of all you fine people I'll be able to reach my goals.