Cheesy Shirataki Primevera - at about 90 calories!

Options
Hi all! Thanks to a post I read yesterday I discovered Tofu Shirataki Angel Hair noodles (in the organic frigerator section of my grocery store) and before you scrunch your nose to Tofu... I could not taste tofu at all! :)

I tried the recipe I found on the message board and LOVED it, but seen this one on the back of the package and thought I would share:

Rice the bag of Shrataki tofu noodles in hot water. Put a non stick pan on the stove with a spray of fat free oil. Have burner on high and add noodles, while cooking on high add two tablespoons fat free cream cheese, and a cup of assorted chopped vegies (like bell pepper, broccoli, zucchini...) add 1 tbls. reduced fat Parmesan grated topping, salt and pepper to taste.

The bag of noodles is 40 calories, 1 fat, 4 fiber
The fat free cream cheese is 30 calories, no fat, no fiber
The Reduced fat Parmessan topping ( 1 TBLSP) is 20 calories, 1 fat, no fiber

So that actually comes to 90 calories, 2 fat, 4 fiber. Now bad at all!!!

Replies

• WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Do the noodles have a strange texture? Or are they slimy at all cause they look a little strange in the bag...or are they more like a ramen type noodle?
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    I used them for my seafood pasta :)) but gotta wash them good before:))
  • lolitsangela
    Options
    They're pretty much like normal noodles, if only a bit chewier.
  • MisScorpio
    Options
    I have 2 bags in my fridge right now. I haven't tried them yet but i am going too. I hear they taste almost exactly like regular noodles but you have to wash and dry them extremely well.
  • sdechantal
    sdechantal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    They were good - not slimy (O was worried about that too!) :)