What is your favorite leggings for working out?

Options

Replies

• Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Victoria Sport are my number one brand. They are nice and thick, hold everything in and stay put. Also squat proof. It's a tie for second...i have a couple of pairs of Nike that I really like and a great pair of really thick Under Armour ones. I also have UA ones that I don't like, so I'm careful with that brand. Runner up is a cheap brand, ODODOS on Amazon. They are so comfy and stay put. The only issue I noticed was that the black ones faded and became thin and see through after a few months. I have other colors from that brand and have no issues.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Lately my yogalicious ones
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I like https://curvesncombatboots.com and https://www.celestialbodiez.com/collections/joggers-1. They're practical with pockets for your phone, keys, ID, cash.

I also like 2 Aussie fitness houses, only shipping takes a long time so ... I'm not going to list them.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    PokeyBug wrote: »
    Whatever's on sale at Wal-Mart, then I patch them for years before I finally let them die a not-so-dignified death.

I love the Danskin performance yoga capris. Never had any complaints about being "see-thru". The fit me and my budget. I'd rather spend my $$ on good shoes and cycling gear.
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    For running- Nike and North Face leggings. For barre- Beyond Yoga or Alo.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Danskin Now work well for me.
    Although I often feel too warm for leggings when exercising so wear shorts.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like old Navy and Tesla(avail on Amazon). I used to like danskinnow, but the fit and quality are not so great any more.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I only have three and I tend to buy inexpensive because I’m cheap. My favorite is the champion brand from target. They were expensive though like $25. I also have a pair from amazon (ododos) and Wal-Mart (forget the brand) and they both suck. The amazon pair is ok but they’re too tight and I feel self conscious in them even though they are the size I typically wear. (Yes I know I should have returned them but I’m stupid. They seemed ok at first but the more I wore them I realized they were too tight lol) the Wal-Mart just don’t stay in place and are constantly coming down. I should have known. I have a workout top from old navy that I love and I hear their leggings are good but I haven’t tried them. I made a commitment to not buy any more clothes the rest of 2018 so the ones I have will have to do for now.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Victoria Sport are my number one brand. They are nice and thick, hold everything in and stay put. Also squat proof. It's a tie for second...i have a couple of pairs of Nike that I really like and a great pair of really thick Under Armour ones. I also have UA ones that I don't like, so I'm careful with that brand. Runner up is a cheap brand, ODODOS on Amazon. They are so comfy and stay put. The only issue I noticed was that the black ones faded and became thin and see through after a few months. I have other colors from that brand and have no issues.

I have the ododos from amazon and they’re fine but I found the sizing to be off. I ordered a L, I normally wear either a M or L and they are soooo tight. I didn’t return them because I’m dumb so now I’m stuck with them lol.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »

I have the ododos from amazon and they’re fine but I found the sizing to be off. I ordered a L, I normally wear either a M or L and they are soooo tight. I didn’t return them because I’m dumb so now I’m stuck with them lol.

Yes the sizing is way off!! I can wear the same pair that I was wearing 78 pounds ago haha (tight back then and sort of loose now). I wear a small or medium in most brands but a large in ODODOS.
  • missvida58
    missvida58 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the plain black high waist compression leggings from Old Navy. They are inexpensive and not at all see through. Their printed leggings tend to be see through, however. Lululemon high waisted are my ultimate favorites. I love the material and they feel so good on. I try to buy a couple pair every year as a treat, or beg for them for Christmas/birthday gifts. Once in a while I can find a nice pair at TJMaxx, not sure of the brands, but I've lucked out there as well.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    It's Lululemon for me. One of the only brands out there that sells that 7/8 length (which is full-length for me without bunching at the ankles) and that still carries a medium rise that sits in a comfortable place on my abdomen. They are also more comfortable, flattering, and long-lasting for me personally than any of the other big brands I've tried (Nike, Underarmour, Athleta, VS Sport.) I do make an effort to buy from the "We Made Too Much" section instead of at full price, though.

I am SO SICK of ultra-high-waisted everything, because I'm short and short-torsoed and they all seem to come up to my bra band, which isn't comfortable or cute. It is getting very difficult to buy a pair of leggings that stops in the region of my navel and I can't find an inexpensive pair that sits right and doesn't fall down to save my life.
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Athleta if I want to spend money, Old Navy if not. I will say all of my Old Navy ones fall apart after a while and Athleta ones last years.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    rbx. brooks.
    i do find others at tjmaxx
  • ravergirl1992
    ravergirl1992 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Gymshark all the way. I was a die hard Nike leggings fan until I tried Gymshark and I found they suck me in and don't roll down...brilliant
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am kinda cheap but I have bought Ododos, Ruring, and Lapasa from Amazon and have found they work the best. I love my Under Armour ones but again I am kinda cheap. However the three brands mentioned above have been great. I am pretty obsessed with my Ruring ones because they are so soft (although a bit thick so they are my winter leggings). I have Old Navy but they are for the house and after wearing my other ones...they aren't as comfy!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty cheap, too. I like the Xersion brand at JC Penney the most. High-waisted capris with pockets big enough to hold a phone and light compression to keep things from jiggling. :)
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I generally just wear Fish Net Pantyhoes. Yes my junk tends to dangle down through the holes (especially during squats) but the feeling of the fresh air swishing around is very comfortable.

• Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    This is a 4 year old thread so I'm wondering what people's favorite leggings for working out is these days. I've actually never worn leggings but I'm considering trying them to see if I like them
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,592 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    When I was in weight loss phase, Viv Collection (available on Amazon or from their website) was very forgiving, soft, nice patterns, no see through, but absolutely zero compression. I still have them and use them as PJs now.

My go-to now is Yoga Democracy. Bright, great compression, don’t roll or slip down, use them for power yoga/weightlifting/running/walking/HIIT. I even use their bicycle shorts and some of the bra tops in leiu of swimsuits for aquafit. Made from recycled bottles and machine wash well (hang dry). Tbh I wish they’d fade or wear out so I’d have an excuse to order new patterns but they just don’t, and I’ve got some that have easily been washed 75+ times. No odor despite being well used.

I loved KDeer, but they just went out of business. You might be able to find some on Poshmark.

Ordered a couple of Niyama Soul to try out and hate them. Faded on first wash, not as colorful as on the website, don’t fit as well as Yoga Democracy.

Don’t care for Lulu leggings but I like the cool tanks because they fit tight and don’t flip around d during an energetic workout and stay in place for headstands etc. but they’re ridiculously expensive and start to stink.

I try to grab RBX tanks when I see them at TJ maxx, but the fit is hit or miss. I bought some small ones this weekend, and wore one to a hot class this morning. I was shocked to look down and see that the neckline had almost fallen below the sports bra top I was wearing.

I’m almost to the point of doing what the young chicks do and stripping to my sports bra, but that’s a mental leap over Miss Manners for someone my age.