Chronic illness and weight loss

Options
Hi! My name is Kami! I used my fitness pal years ago to help lose weight and loved it. Then as my health got worse I started trying other programs. Those didn't work and the weight started climbing on as my health continues to decline. I have a condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome along with several underlying conditions and now use a wheelchair part time... I need to get rid of some weight so I thought I would retry this app..

Replies

• freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Heya Kami good you are back on it girl I'm Julie I didn't know what your condition was but I understand having a chronic condition I have crohns, osteoporosis and maybe a liver condition (waiting to have tests) it's hard but we can both get there friend me if you like I have only just got back on it myself
  • Want2bSlimmer
    Want2bSlimmer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hiya Kami
  • Want2bSlimmer
    Want2bSlimmer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oops my post disappeared lol .... I’m Helen & battle chronic illness too - osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis & fibromyalgia
    I successfully lost over 5st then my health deteriorated over last 2yrs & I’ve gained 3st
  • ReneeKatz
    ReneeKatz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have celiac disease, asthma, endometriosis, and I've been anemic for alot of my adult life. This is a great app for losing/gaining weight and making sure you get the minerals/nutrients you need to improve whatever condition you have.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis. Any of you feel free to add me and we can make this journey together.
  • ColetteS4
    ColetteS4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have Crohns disease and some other health issues. Would love to have support as well as support others
  • bmb8189
    bmb8189 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Leukemia survivor here. Had it as a teenager and have joint replacements (right hip and right knee) because of it. As well as chronic inflammation thats possibly some form of rheumatoid arthritis, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, and a non working thyroid among other things. At 28.

Because of this its hard to exercise and very hard to lose anything. I just started trying Keto a couple of days ago. Reading up on all the benefits healthwise seem to line up with a lot of the problems I face on a daily basis. And the structure is beneficial as well. I never realized just how crappy I was eating until it was right in front of me... or how little. Which is my biggest problem.

I work 12 hour nightshift with a long commute to and from work so often times I dont have time for three meals a day. And I eat like a bird. My macros are pretty much in line so far, but my calories are far below where they should be. Any keto friends have any ideas to cut 3 meals to 2 aside from doubling protions?

Thank you much :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    behcets, myalgia, gerd, idiopathic hypersomonia.

as you know, you just need a calorie deficit :smiley:
    welcome back
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi Kami,
    I am a 37 yr old mom with hEDS and chronic illness and part time walker/wheelchair user. I just started back myself as my OH got me a new fitbit watch for my birthday. I had wonderful success with MFP years ago before i allowed my health issues to take over my life. I would love to help support each other as we regain some control of our bodies.