Bye Bye 40 lbs... and Hello again!

Options
valleemic
valleemic Posts: 103 Member
edited May 2018 in Success Stories
Hello!
I thought I would post my success story to perhaps motivate others but also to inspire myself at the same time. I lost a little over 40 lbs back in 2011-2012 using MFP. However, over the last few years, I have seen my weight climb back up. I am refocused and ready to lose the weight again! I am looking for others who would like to do this together... support, tips and encouragement really does help!

Height: 5'0''
Heaviest weight: 161.3 (Sept. 2011)
Goal weight: 120 (attained in April 2012)
Current weight 145.6 (May 22, 2018)

Before:
r83faryuahou.jpg

After:
kmny2cmi6h8k.jpg

Replies

• elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's easy to let happen, no worries. I'm back for Phase 2 (3rd attempt) myself ;-) I've done ok with keeping the weight off but Phase 2 for me is all about achieving a desired level of muscle development.

Glad you're back! You know what to do, get 'er done!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I recently hit my goal weight & if I can do it anyone can... lol
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat where I lost over 30 lbs in 2014/2015 and then let it creep back up about 15 lbs. I've been focusing since January and have lost about 12-15 lbs through exercise and logging. Feel free to add me!
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! We did it once (or many times!), we can do it again!
  • ahurley619
    ahurley619 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. Lost 40lbs last year and stopped logging in the summer now gained about 15lbs back. Lets lose this together! Motivation will keep us going. Add me if you'd like.
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look amazing just proves what you can achieve when you put your mind to it
    Feel free to add me
  • Waynedabeast
    Waynedabeast Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great job
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Do you know why you regained? Did you have a short term goal? Was your plan not sustainable in the long run? Try to factor those considerations into your new plan.

On the bright side, you've done it once before and you looked great, so those should be good motivators.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I few years ago I lost 90 pounds and then stopped logging my calories. Since the election, I've gained back 45 pounds! Not cool! But I did it once, I can do it again. So can you.
  • kierrakins
    kierrakins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a very similar story as you! I lost about 40lbs in a little over a year. It took me a lot of exercising along with logging my foods to achieve. Then I got a new, less active job, quit going to the gym, and had a major surgery that kind of put a wrench in my healthy goals. The great thing is, since I was use to logging my food and knew the general calories I was consuming, I didn't put back on the whole 40lbs. Just half of it... But I've been back to logging my food and exercising daily for 2 months now and bounced back faster than I thought I would. I guess it's something about body and muscle memory?

You can do it again! And this time, it shouldn't feel as difficult as the first time!
  • Angila
    Angila Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! My husband and I both decided we needed to lose weight. He lost 23lbs and I lost 44lbs back in 2013. I gained 24lbs back in the last 2yrs and he stayed the same (go figure). Now I'm freaking out and trying to lose it but I can't seem to get motivated. Add me and we can motivate each other, I need a buddy.

You look great by the way :smile:
  • carbaila
    carbaila Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would also like to lose 40lbs,- I lost 8 pounds the last two weeks. Please add me and we can motivate each other, esp with Nutrition
  • Motor_Election
    Motor_Election Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Maintaining your goal weight is hard, especially if you had a hard time losing the weight in the first place.. But with some help and motivation from MFP, it shouldn't be too difficult! ;-)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I did something similar. I never reached my my goal weight, and put back on almost all of what I lost. But hey, we're here, doing the thing!
  • RebeccaRNBSN
    RebeccaRNBSN Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great success. Those jeans are so cute!! Congratulations
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    its a battle, and half of it is realizing it takes work....good luck , you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!