29 pounds by October 1st?

Options
So i made a deal with my mom. If i get down to 165 by october 1 she will pay for my and my boyfriends disneyland tickets. if i get down to 160 she will pay for our tickets and our hotel room. if i get down to 155 she will pay for our tickets our hotel room and will buy me a pair of miss me jeans for my new skinny self. i figured that to get to the ultimate goal i need to loose .5 lb a day. Ive already lost 2.5 pounds since monday. i eat and exercise but i need support. Do you think i can make it to these insane but totally worth it goals???

Replies

• TiffieLovex3
    TiffieLovex3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt you will be able to lose 0.5 lbs a day for 3 consecutive months. The healthy amount to lose is 1-2 lbs a week.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a bit much! Just keep doing what you're doing and see what happens...you're going either way right?
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    It's healthy to lose up to 2 lbs. per week. I'm sure if you pushed yourself hard enough, it could happen, but it's not healthy. And no offense, but that's not very awesome of your mom to encourage you to lose 30 lbs. in 6 weeks. I understand she might just want to get the balln rolling and all to better your health, but in order to better your health, you have to approach weight loss with patience.
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    I am sure your Mom means well, but I would worry that you are setting yourself up for some disappointment. How about if you just get on the plan - eat well, exercise, and see what happens by then!

I've given up on deadlines - haven't worked for me in the past. Too much temptation to starve at the end and do silly things to make the scale say what I want it to.

Lots of exercise and you will even enjoy Disneyland more!

Good luck :-)
  • Honey1990
    Options
    Yeah we are going either way but i would much rather have it paid for than have to pay for it myself.
  • MariPars
    MariPars Posts: 52
    Options
    Sorry, but the only way that wold probably happen is thru extremely unhealthy means or if you were a VERY heay person and had a lot to lose..they lose a LOT in he beginning. Im @200 and only lose 2-3lbs at BEST a week. : / I wish you the best of luck though. Im not for this but Ive heard the all juice cleanse works wonders. No idea if its good/bad for you. Youd have to research it.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a chainsaw?
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a chainsaw?

hahahhahahhaha :)
  • lmaharj
    lmaharj Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Strict diet: Protein shake for breakfast, Protein shake for lunch, a very light lean dinner (chicken, brown rice, and some green veggie), tons of supplements, and at least 2-3 hours of interval training (cardio) and strength training at least 6 days a week. You should be good with that.
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's great to have a goal that motivates you so much and someone else paying for it - hurray! You are looking at a little more than 6 weeks to lose the weight - wow - most people say after the first week, anything over 2 pounds a week just isn't healthy. So, if you lost 5 pounds the first week and 2 pounds every week after that's about 15 pounds in 6 weeks. That is a pretty ambitious goal because you have to totally stay with it for 6 weeks straight but you do sound very motivated. How much time each day do you have to work out? If you can commit 2 hours a day (75 minutes for cardio and 45 minutes for weights / workout tapes) I think you could safely lose a little more, maybe 20 total if you never go over calories and work out 7 days a week. I wouldn't sign up for that kind of a regimen but you sound really motivated, so give it a try. 29? I think you can do that before Christmas, even with a less crazy regimen. Good luck and keep us updated.
  • tclarks
    tclarks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I couldn't lose ALMOST 30lbs in that short amount of time...too unrealistic and alot of pressure to succeed! I prefer to endure this weight loss journey in a more slow and steady pace. I wish you good luck on your journey and I do hope you find the results you are seeking! But please do it safely!
  • annmrie
    annmrie Posts: 38
    Options
    Perhaps you could try explaining to your mom how extreme (and unhealthy) that much weight loss is in such a short amount of time. She may consider dishing out the same rewards but at different weight incriments. If you give this a go, good luck!
  • Honey1990
    Options
    I am eating at 1200 calories a day and not eating my exercise calories. I have consulted with my doctor on this and she is monitoring me. I am on day 5 of the 30 day shred and i also wear my shapeups at work where i am on my feet 5 to 8 hours a day. Ive been stuck at 186/187 for a while because of bad days and things like that but i am newly motivated and am exercising everyday. And my mom just wants me to be healthy. She told me the other day that as long as the scale keeps going in the right direction she will help me out with our trip regardless of the amount lost. My sisters and brothers and nieces and nephews are going on this trip as well and my sisters have both always been little and i just want to take a picture with them and not feel like i look like a hippo compared to them on this trip. we leave for D land on oct 13.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I SO want to be supportive....I really do, but if your health is the mutual goal and you and your mother, maybe consider healthy goals....the first couple of weeks, you can expect to lose more than 1-2 pounds, but after that, you WANT to lose 1-2 pounds per week and if you reduce your caloric intake enough to achieve your current goals, you will probably put your body into starvation mode and sabotage the entire process.

I would like to suggest that you and your mom set a goal for the seven weeks of 10-15 pounds. BUT, along with that weight goal, you also choose some healthy lifestyle habits to help you achieve your ultimate weight loss goals:
    1. Read food labels and pre-plan your meals and snacks
    2. Use the food diary for every morsel that hits your lips
    3. Perform exercise at least 5 out of 7 days per week, but you would have to increase your current activity to stimulate weight loss.
    4. Make sure you are practicing good sleep hygiene so you are not awake late night, when food cravings are harder to resist.
    5. Select at least 5 ways you can improve your current eating habits to make your diet healthier (i.e. cut down sugar intake, cut down carb intake, eliminate soda (especially if it is not diet), drink more water).
    6. Establish intermediate goals for your weight loss that extend beyong your trip to Disney and set your mind to stick to them.

And, remember, you should be doing this because you WANT to improve your eating habits, not for a financial reward from someone or you risk yo-yo dieting, which is bad for your health in many ways.

I wish you the very, very best of luck. I am 54 years old and have have the benefit of a great deal of weight loss education from doctors, nutritionists, physical therapists, psychologists and personal trainers. I still struggle, but if you do as I say, not as I do, you won't still be fighting weight and health problems by the time you reach my age!!!! Get on the right path early and enjoy all of your life!!!! I'm rooting for you!!!!!!