new to MFP

Options
Hello all, I'm a 35 year old welder, who travels all over the united states for work. Needless to say, I have seen a lot of fast food joints in the last 10 years. An it all has found a way to my mid-section. So I'm here in hope of ideas to help me shed the pounds all while trying to work my way around not having anything but a hotel microwave and mini-fridge. Thank you all for your support in my goal to shed the extra pounds.

Replies

• Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hey there!

Just a little tip to help you..... There are no bad foods, just bad portion sizes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating fast food as long as the portion is correct for you to create a calorie deficit.

Let MFP guide you in your goals to find your calorie intake for the day. Pre-logging my food helps me a lot because I can physically see how many calories I am about to eat and how many it will leave me with for the rest of the day.
  • melanie_005
    melanie_005 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • jmriley319
    jmriley319 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I seem to go into phases where I don’t want to cook and end up eating fast food a lot. However, if you google Arbonne, I tried that diet and lost weight the first week. I made their protein shakes with almond milk and they were meal replacers for me. So as long as I planned ahead and brought a shake with me and a fizz stick (it’s a powder you can add to your water - it’s like an energy drink but healthier) or one of their protein bars, I was never hungry. I’m back at it again tho after having baby number 2 and then being lazy for awhile so. Here we go again....
  • AmberWazdrag1228
    AmberWazdrag1228 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I completely understand how traveling can work the midsection in ways we don’t approve of. I traveled frequently and was constantly moving over the past 10 years. Feel free to add me, we could all use the motivation and support to keep on going.
  • haileyhollow38
    haileyhollow38 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey
  • asuroxychick
    asuroxychick Posts: 4,358 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! We all know you can! ☺