Ideas to stay full

Options
Rfrey316
Rfrey316 Posts: 4 Member
I'm starting back and I have a long way to my goal. My biggest problem is getting hungry late in the day and eating things that are no good for me. I also have a tough time eating breakfast because I don't want anything filling in the morning and I am over eggs every morning. Any helpful advice or ideas?

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Try Quark, yes it is by the yogurt but not yogurt. It is considered cheese. Each container has between 80-100 calories comes in a few different flavors, has 12-14 grams of protein, not bad on carbs or sugar. Also you could try fruit with it as well. I have been going with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries up to a cup of them. Pretty filling if you drink down 16 oz of water with it. Late at night go for a protein powder drink, and more water. I got tired of eggs after day 4.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Check out the volume eaters thread.

Different foods satiate different people better, but protein is often good. Try making sure you get enough protein throughout the day. See if that helps. If not, try fat, then carbs.

Plan ahead. If you're going to be hungry every night, be prepared. Have Raw veggies, prepackaged salads, soups, other low calorie foods you like readily available.
  • renaecotton123
    renaecotton123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stay hydrated. Get plenty of fiber. Combine protein/fat/carbs for your snacks and meals to increase satiation. Not eating a filling breakfast seems to be setting you up for hunger later in the day.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    don't eat breakfast if you don't want to... save the cals for when you're hungry later in the day?

You might find eating lunch and dinner a way forward for you. I Don't eat breakfast either but use those calories for a tea time snack (usually yoghurt and fruit but could be porridge and fruit) to keep me going til dinner in the evening.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I would need clarification on what you mean by getting hungry late in the day. Everyone gets hungry. That’s how our bodies work. One thing I’ve kind of learned, is to be ok with being a little hungry. Being hungry isn’t going to kill you. In order to lose weight you need to eat less which may leave you feeling a little hungry now and then. As long as you are getting enough calories and nutrition, you’ll be fine. You don’t have to eat breakfast if you don’t want to. You can save those calories for later. Filling meals for me are a lot of protein and veggies with some fat as well to help keep me from getting hungry soon after eating. Stir fry is a good option, so is just a main protein like chicken breast or whatever you like, with a lot of veggies and maybe a baked potato.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I historically react to hunger in 3 ways:

1: If the hunger is time related, i'll take a more IF based approach and eat more (or sometimes all) my calories near the time i'm most hungry.

2: If i'm doing #1 already, and hunger is still an issue in a persistent fashion, i'll increase the nutrient density of my diet (which helps me, but won't necessarily help everyone).

3: If I've done #2, and it's still not effective, i'll usually consider a diet break.

Those three steps have generally gotten me through persistent hunger, but I wouldn't necessarily say they'll be effective for everyone.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast until I'm hungry enough to get weak and dizzy, typically. Sometimes it doesn't happen until lunch time, sometimes it happens at 7am... I can't do eggs anymore either unless it's a late breakfast, so lately my breakfasts have been string cheese and fruit.

Otherwise, I don't know, I have to be hungry a lot if I want to keep a deficit unfortunately.
  • momma_rose
    momma_rose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I needed more protein tonight so I was going to have a protein drink and it put my carbs over so I had a 2 egg omelet I am still under on those 2 macros. This is day 2 and I am trying hard to do this correctly. I have about 80 pounds to lose.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting the foods you don't want to eat? Can you purge your house or office of those things? If you're taking a trip to the store or vending machine then take an alternate path...avoid it all together. Plan a snack during a specific time window, for example - a yogurt with fruit between 330pm and 5pm. This allows you to eat it sooner if you're hungry, or wait if not.

Best of luck!