Petite Gals food diary ...

Options
I am a shortie around 5'1" .... around 143 pounds .. finding it difficult to loss weight .
I am working out 5 times a week but I know my food habits that needs working on to see results
Dear Petite gals who had success in losing those 10 -15 lbs .. can you share your food diary and strategies that helped you loss weight ...

Replies

• hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Not as petite as you, but 5’4” and 165 with high muscle content. I’m following, but have been fighting these last few lbs. I think I’m on the right track with KETO and tons of working out because it is falling off. Haven’t been on it long enough for a definite verdict.
  • sam912721
    sam912721 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    FIT2125 wrote: »
    I am a shortie around 5'1" .... around 143 pounds .. finding it difficult to loss weight .
    I am working out 5 times a week but I know my food habits that needs working on to see results
    Dear Petite gals who had success in losing those 10 -15 lbs .. can you share your food diary and strategies that helped you loss weight ...

Hi :)

We're about the same height and weight. I'm 138 but struggling. I'm working out a lot, starving myself (not really but you know how few calories we get to eat anyway). I have found increasing my protein is helping me feel fuller and happier eating so little.

I can't give many tips yet as the scales aren't showing much progress.
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    FIT2125 wrote: »

Hello! I am back at it again (after a long break). I'm petite also, 5'0'' and I currently weigh 147.8. I got down to 120 back in 2012 but have slowly seen the weight creep back on... hence the reason why I'm back. I do find that sticking to 1200-1400 calories works best! Add me if you like!

• Mandy72M
    Mandy72M Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 1.5 :) I'm 124 looking to get to 112. Regardless of exercise I eat total of 1500 calories per day and do my best to not go over. What works for me is filling up on veg with meals,homemade lentil soup or a salad of some sort for lunch, a breakfast no more than 300 calories. I incorporate an alcoholic drink every day around 200 calories and a chocolate/sweet snack of around 135 calories, this is something I look forward to and is working so far and is manageable for me. I started off on 1200/1300 calories but this is not realistic for me and I ended up going off the rails. I feel 1500 is certainly achievable for me. I do 3/4 Bodypump classes, 1 Body combat class, 1 Body Attack class, 1 Metafit class per week and sometimes might do and hour or so in the gym per week.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and lost the 20lbs I wanted to by following MFP's calorie suggestions and eating back most of my exercise calories.
    I'm active in general and found I was able to lose 0.5lb a week eating 1600-1700 calories.
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My diary is open. :)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5 feet and I lost 100 pounds by following the MFP calorie recommendations. If you want to lose 10-15 pounds, set your rate of loss to 0.5 pounds per week and be patient. Because you are small and don't have a lot of weight to lose, you probably won't have a big calorie deficit. You will likely need to be meticulous about weighing and measuring all your food, and entering exercise calories accurately. It does not matter what you eat. It matters how much you eat.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I know that everyone says that weight loss happens in the kitchen and that is true, but as a petite woman, I find that I have to exercise and stay active in order to lose weight. Burning the extra calories allows me to eat like a normal person. Like it or not, we live in a world meant for bigger people and normal portions reflect that. I can portion control as best as I can, but in the end, it's hard to eat only bits and pieces of things. The only thing that works for me over time is to have an increased calorie allowance from exercise.
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I lost the last 10 pounds by being meticulous with weighing and logging food and adjusting calorie intake until I figured out the max I could eat and still lose--for me 1500-1600 calories. What works for me is keeping protein high, eating about 6 meals a day, and having a lot of vegetables at every meal so I feel full without a lot of calories. Eating out is hard to log accurately, so I avoid that except for maybe once a month. I'm 5'2" and 112, and my diary is open if you want to take a look.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5' 4" and started at 205lbs. Have lost 22lbs over 6 months at 61yo.
    My job has me up walking around and carrying various items.
    Need to lose 32 more. I stick to 1400. It is slow but that's Okay! I think if I was at 1300 would be better.
    Diligent tracking and alcohol is a once a month treat!
  • sharunza
    sharunza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I didn’t realize what “woo” meant, but after googling, I realize my reply is really unhelpful. I don’t know how to delete it. :( I am sorry if it bothered/irritated people.

FWIW, I have permission from my Dr for my plan.