need workout schedule

Options
Ok i've been a total slacker for a little while but i'm getting back to it.....
due to my current job hours & childcare I really can't go to the gym anymore so I'm trying to figure out a good workout schedule and I would LOVE some help :)
i have an elliptical, 30day shred video and a kettlebell workout video...... and of course wii fit :)
should i rotate throughout the week or just do whatever I feel like that day?
my goal is pretty much to just loose a little weight and tone up my tummy (typical huh?)

Replies

• vulrich93
    Options
    Since you're so busy, I would start out with 30 day shred. I've been working out (running, gym etc) for 2-3 years, and Jillian gives me a light sweat in the morning. It's what I'm doing since I'm so busy this month.
  • lframent
    lframent Posts: 33
    Options
    This is going to come across as alot, but it doesn't take very long - maybe just over an hour at the most.

Sunday is my low-key or rest day, so I do two walks around my neighbourhood with my puppy (two 10-minute walks, morning and night).

Monday - Friday
    - 3-mile loop OR a 30-minute elliptical circuit as my cardio (more if I feel particularly good about it that day)
    - 1 plank holding as long as possible, 2x
    - 5 push-ups, 2x (this doesn't sound like much, but being someone who can barely do ten quality push-ups, I've had great results come of this)

As far as strength training goes, I focus on different muscles each day.

Monday (lower body and core)
    - 20 squats*
    - 20 lunges*
    - 25 deadlifts*
    - 40 crunches
    - 40 reverse curls

Tuesday (upper body)
    - 15-20 addition push-ups (split into however many sets you need to)
    - 20 chest-presses*
    - 20 chair dips
    - 40 bicep curls*

Wednesday (upper body)
    - 25 jumping jacks*
    - 20 lateral raises*
    - 40 front raises*
    - 20 shoulder presses*

Thursday (lower body and core)
    - 30 donkeys
    - 20 chair squats
    - 20 pelvic lifts
    - 40 oblique twists

Friday (miscellaneous)
    - one POP Pilates video of my choice (search POP Pilates on youtube)
    - any additional training I feel is necessary

Saturday
    SmartCardio elliptical intervals:
    1. Warmup: 3 - 5 minutes gradually increasing from easy to moderate intensity.
    2. Exert at maximum effort and speed for 45 seconds.
    3. Recover for 90 seconds.
    4. Repeat numbers 2 and 3, ten times.
    5. Cooldown: 3 minutes gradually decreasing from moderate to easy intensity.
    6. Stretch!
    OR
    Butt-Busting Hill Repeats:
    1. Warmup: 3 - 5 minutes gradually increasing from easy to moderate intensity.
    2. Increase elliptical's resistance to moderate (anywhere from 6 - 10). For two minutes, push yourself at a hard intensity.
    3. Decrease resistance and recover for 1 minute.
    4. Repeat numbers 2 and 3 four times (adjust to fit you personally).
    5. Cooldown: 3 - 5 minutes gradually decreasing from moderate to easy intensity.
    6. Stretch!

Exercises marked with a * are ones you can complete with free weights (hand weights).

Good-luck with your weight loss and hope all is well! x