New to MFP and love it already

Options
Hiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee all !!!!!
I am new here - joined about a week back. Have been reading lots of topics here and am amazed and glad by the motivation, support and the enthusiam of people here. This is where I want to be! You all are the people I want to be with in my weight loss struggle.
I weigh 212 lbs at 5'4" - have a long way to go to reach my goal weight.
I see so many mothers here who are balancing home, kids and STILL finding time to exercise daily. You are truly an inspiration. I don't have kids yet - am happily married though.
I am trying to use the MFP formulae about the calories, etc. I am trying to eat clean. I am hoping to finally be successful in my weight loss journey. I'm sure this wonderful forum will be a HUGE part of my eventual success and I hope to contribute to this forum in every way I can.
Thanks all! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Moonlight123
    Moonlight123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee all !!!!!
    I am new here - joined about a week back. Have been reading lots of topics here and am amazed and glad by the motivation, support and the enthusiam of people here. This is where I want to be! You all are the people I want to be with in my weight loss struggle.
    I weigh 212 lbs at 5'4" - have a long way to go to reach my goal weight.
    I see so many mothers here who are balancing home, kids and STILL finding time to exercise daily. You are truly an inspiration. I don't have kids yet - am happily married though.
    I am trying to use the MFP formulae about the calories, etc. I am trying to eat clean. I am hoping to finally be successful in my weight loss journey. I'm sure this wonderful forum will be a HUGE part of my eventual success and I hope to contribute to this forum in every way I can.
    Thanks all! :flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have been here for a little less than a week too, but i love it as well. I love reading the posts and it keeps me busy so i don't eat. I am a boredom eater and this helps after my little one goes to bed from raiding the house for sweets.
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Moonlight Welcome! I've been here 4 days and it has really helped motivate me. I love the support here and the calorie and fitness tools. Nice to meet you and Happy Valentine's Day:heart:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Welcome, both of you, to the site!!! I wish you both the best of luck, and know that you can do it!!!:drinker:
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have been here a week today. I am very glad to have found this site. I love that there are so many people here who are just like me. I am an emotional eater and I do eat out of boredom as well. I love it here.:love:
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place! I have been here for nearly 6 weeks and have lost 15 lbs. What I think is so wonderful about this site--besides the awesome support--is what I learn here about my own nutrition. I'm not just eating 1200 random calories a day, I am eating 1200 well-balanced and nutritious calories because the site tells me how many carbs, proteins, fats, etc. I need per day. I feel great and I know I've found the diet help and info I have been missing in my other attempts.
  • Moonlight123
    Options
    All,
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome. And to all the other newbies - welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this website, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive and helpful, and everyone here is so nice. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome to ALL of you!! Keep that positive attitude & keep yourselves busy with the food diary, exercise & topics!! Good luck on meeting your goals!! :drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, sooo many "newbie's"! Welcome to you all!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • Moonlight123
    Options
    Wow, sooo many "newbie's"! Welcome to you all!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:

Thanks for the tips! Will keep these in mind.
  • johnblake
    Options
    after the pushups now time for sits ups, we know the drill 100 in sets of 10 No more time watsing lets get to it