Looking for friends 50+

Options
olso123
olso123 Posts: 192 Member
Hi, I am in my early 50's and have been with MFP for 2 months now. This is all new to me and I am finding this site helpful and very interesting...... I am starting to add some valuable friends and I would like to reach out to my peer group to be able to share what works for them with diet and exercising. I think it would be helpful for me to hear from those who are in a similar age bracket as myself and to be able motivate and support each other. Please send me a message if interested in becoming MFP friends.

Replies

• GrannyCynth
    GrannyCynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds great I am 56'
    Cynthia
  • mariedingle
    Options
    I started MFP in July and love it!! I'm 53 and was just tired of being out of shape and not feeling good about myself! So far I've lost 12 pounds and more active now, so therefore, I'm happier too.
    Feel free to friend me! We'll do this together!!
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'll be 50 this Tuesday the 16th and would be more than happy to join in this adventure. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    Hi I am 52 and just restarting my fitness journey here. I had a bad week this week but Know next week is better. I ate all my old foods especially today but I did continue my exercise so ...I know I can! I know I can because I once did .lol. Got with in 10lbs of goal weight and went nuts I guess. I would be happy to be a friend and some of the ladies on my friends list are our age and would enjoy getting to know you too I am sure. They are great inspiration.
  • Serrtana
    Serrtana Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 57, so I definitely qualify! I just started MFP Monday. I love it! Thanks for starting the over 50 blog. Did great Monday - Thursday. Then Friday night take out came! I went over 1245 calories, yikes! The weekends are going to be a BIG problem . How does everyone else do weekends? This has always been my downfall.

Kate
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 57, so I definitely qualify! I just started MFP Monday. I love it! Thanks for starting the over 50 blog. Did great Monday - Thursday. Then Friday night take out came! I went over 1245 calories, yikes! The weekends are going to be a BIG problem . How does everyone else do weekends? This has always been my downfall.

Kate

Welcome to MFP. This is a great place to get support and motivation. Yes the weekends are tough. Last night I ate out and had a calorie party. Don't let that discourage you....you need to take this one day at a time. The fact that you joined this site is a good start and with the encouragement of others you will hopefully meet your goals. Add me to your list of friends and we can help each other on this journey.