diet pills

Options
ok, so i have been watching my calories for about 3 weeks now, and i haven't lost weight, i actually lost only 3lbs then gained 10lbs. so i didn't lose any weight...so im thinking of taking diet pills along with working out and eating the right amount of calories. or are they to harmful to your body?

Replies

• Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    I wouldnt. I dont know much about them but i say that because once you get off them. the weight all comes back
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    talk to your family physician :) good luck in your endeavors always!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ok, so i have been watching my calories for about 3 weeks now, and i haven't lost weight, i actually lost only 3lbs then gained 10lbs. so i didn't lose any weight...so im thinking of taking diet pills along with working out and eating the right amount of calories. or are they to harmful to your body?

try eating more RAW foods! enjoy!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything good to say about them for weight loss but in terms of actual medical concerns, I would talk to you doctor.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    they are worthless..lets put it that way.

they either do two things....appetite suppressant, or so called 'metabolism' boosters..which those only boast caffiene.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    OK, so i have been watching my calories for about 3 weeks now, and i haven't lost weight, i actually lost only 3lbs then gained 10lbs. so i didn't lose any weight...so im thinking of taking diet pills along with working out and eating the right amount of calories. or are they to harmful to your body?
    If in 3 weeks you've gained 10 lbs. what would make the diet pills work? Have you tried eating healthy and working out regularly?

It's pretty soon to give up after only 3 weeks Hon! If you've gained 10 lbs. in a couple of weeks and you're eating well it might be time to check in with the doctor as that's A LOT of weight gain if you're eating healthy.

Personally I wouldn't consider using pills, let alone when you've only been working on this for a few weeks..not sure how the pills would help. Once you're off you'd like put the weight right back on and you say you've gained 10 lbs quickly so I suppose that's the confusing part to me. Might be worth your time to really check over the foods you're feeding your body, getting in plenty of water and moving your body each and every day.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My advice would be if you your not going to to do it for the rest of life why do it now
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but if you've gained 10 pounds while working out and watching your calories, you're doing something wrong. See your doctor.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Depends on which pill, while none are probably 'healthy' many do very little or contain nothing too harmful. Did you have one in mind you were thinking of trying? In many cases they will have caffeine and/or kola nut or other energy booster to give you a boost of energy followed by a crash.

Some that have appetite suppressants rarely did anything to suppress my appetite I had to do this all my own the pills rarely did anything for me.
  • jenellemerry
    Options
    I've been taking Phentermine off and on for two years. It is a controlled substance and was prescrbed by my doctor. I was overweight, but wasn't considered obsese. Diabetes runs in my family and I was at risk. That is the only reason he prescrbed them. With diet and excersize I was able to lose 20 pounds. However, after I stopped taking them, I gained it back and then some. I'm back on them and I plan to stop using them after I've reached my goal weight. At the same time ,I will be working on changing my eating habits. Diet pills are no way magic pills, but they can give you the added boost that you need. Good luck!