Options
Currently maintaining
Not very active (desk job)
Calories aloud...ONLY 1300!! Is this right please tell me this cant be right

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No, it can't be right. Did you set your goal to maintenance? What's your height and weight?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Currently maintaining

what are your stats? and what did you set MFP to?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long have you been maintaining your weight?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Does that include any exercise?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Doesn’t sound right. Did you enter your stats and goal in correctly? You set it to maintain current weight?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and if I set mine to not very active and maintain, I get 1600 calories (just for a comparison)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    OP: I’m a woman, 53, 5”3+ and active. Unfortunately lower calorie allotments do occur because my maintenance number is about 1350 cals a day. So It is a possible (even likely) starting point for a short older sedentary woman, but we’d need more stats to tell you if that is likely or if more likely an error.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Currently maintaining

Doubtful. Most likely user error
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I just played with a TDEE calculator and got 1400 for a 35 year-old sedentary female who is 4'10" and currently 100 lbs, so let's just say it's not likely ;)
  • try2again
    edited May 2018
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Currently maintaining

All calculators and MFP provide estimates. Real-life results will often require those numbers to be tweaked, though logging errors can often be the culprit.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6 1/2 and 43. I am lightly active and have a metabolic disorder. MFP gives me 2200 or more for maintenance. well I am maintaining on 1900 or less.1500+ net calories is what Ive been maintaining on or around/ 1900 gross calories. it says my bmr is in the 1400s. its actually a little over 1200. I figured that out over the last several months of data... if you tell people what your stats are and what it gives you for calories and how much you told it you want to lose someone may be able to help you figure it out.
  • try2again
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Currently maintaining

All calculators and MFP provide estimates. Real-life results will often require those numbers to be tweaked, though logging errors can often be the culprit.

The poster I responded to must have removed their post, because I didn't write this in response to you, @cwolfman13, and the other post is gone.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Currently maintaining

OP, did you tell MFP you wanted to lose weight? Did you tell it you want to lose 2 lbs per week? What is your height and current weight?
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Every person is so different. You're really just going to have track it for a while to see what maintenance truly is for you. MFP thinks my maintenance cals are 1550 + exercise. In reality they are 1800 and up to 2300 on days I work out. I'm 34 and only 5'2" and 115 lbs for reference.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    That's what I can eat a day to lose 1/2 lb a week if I'm completely sedentary. I'm 5'5", 150 lbs, 40yo.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    as others have said, depends on your stats.

But as a comparison I am 54 years old, 163 cm ( bit over 5 ft 3 in) and am lightly active and maintaining a weight of 62 kg (136 lb) - and my maitenance calories is 1710
    That is my net calories.

Unless you are significantly older, smaller, less active than me - is hard to see yours being as low as 1300

but please post your stats so we can assess more accurately.
  • SaraBrinksey9
    SaraBrinksey9 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Currently maintaining

whats your weight, height and age?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm 59, 5'10" and maintain at 1230 NET (I eat a few hundred calories more a day and use an apple watch to measure activity). It's a habit. I'm never hungry and eat if I am.