Hello, I'm new!!!

Options
I'm Marissa and am 28 years young. I have had a weight problem since my teens. I have been recently diagnosed with PCOS and that makes it a lil difficult to be "normal" in a lot of different ways. I have recently made a lifestyle change and am more conscious of what goes in my body. I have began juicing vegetables and taking PCOS natural medecine. Please add me if you are new, have PCOS or simply looking for a friend. P>S I love seeing what others are logging in to their food log so I hope you let me see yours!

Replies

• MyTransformation
    Options
    Hi Marissa, I'm new as well. I would love to learn more about your special needs diet. I am juicing now, and have been struggling with a 30 lb. weight gain and have cut out all sugar, empty carbs and now gluten. ( I have Celiac Disease.) I am eager to learn more about natural ways to heal my body and would love to "chat!"

Wishing you the best on your journey,

Angela
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. One of the reasons I love this site is that you learn so much. I was just looking on WebMd to better understand what you are going through. I'll be more than happy to encourage you on this journey.
  • marissa626
    Options
    Hi Angela,
    When I started I weighed in at 248 and now 3 weeks later in down to 239. I have also cut out all sugar including soda,Starbucks and supermarket juices. I only drink water and Iced tea (unsweetened). I used to go out for lunch every day and now i pack my low carb high protein lunch and snacks. you can check out my food diary to see what i eat. I juice mostly veggies and would eventually love to eat 70% raw. Check out "liferegenerator" on Youtube. Besides being great EYE CANDY he is so knowledgeable in regards to juicing. He will tell you what to juice for whatever ailment you may have. Let me know what you think!
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I joined yesterday and am really excited to start this journey feel free to add me as a friend the more the merrier, cheers!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Hi Marissa! I'm new, too. Just started yesterday. :)

I may have PCOS as well. Not sure, because I was laid off from my job and lost my insurance, so the investigating I was doing with my doctor has to wait now. I'll definitely be continuing that once I correct this insurance situation. Agh. >_<

Anyway, you're really going to love it here. I know I do. I had a really bad day at the gym today and all these guys were right there to cheer me up and give me some advice.

Best of luck to you!!

-Nicole
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    welcome!! feel free to add me!