I conquered the movie theatre

Options
I snuck in .7 oz (weighed them) plain almonds and a Weight Watchers minibar. I also had a bottle of water snuck in my purse. ;?) I'm a bit proud of my eating and exercise today, though some may not think its so great. I hope it makes up for the high sodium day yesterday.

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We bring food in all the time. We even sneak in small bottles of champagne and/or cans of soda and candy.
    I am not paying $40 to get the family in and another $40(for $5 worth of candy and drinks).
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have no shame in sneaking in healthy snacks to the movie theater. I confess, if I saw healthy food at the concession stand, I think I would fork over the money for it... but I have never seen anything of the sort. Good for you for resisting the smells of the theater! It's always the hardest for us!
  • LexiB32010
    Options
    I always sneak in my own snacks : ) Even when I was younger and wasn't calorie counting I would bring my own pop and candy....movie theater snacks are too dang expensive! : )
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    Awesome! =] I always bring diet soda and like six flavors of surgarless gum, that usually keeps me busy!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I snuck in .7 oz (weighed them) plain almonds and a Weight Watchers minibar. I also had a bottle of water snuck in my purse. ;?) I'm a bit proud of my eating and exercise today, though some may not think its so great. I hope it makes up for the high sodium day yesterday.
    YAY for you! Great choices and you're not missing a thing bringing those snacks in, because they sound way better than what you buy there. Healthier choices, & saved a ton of money!! You have every right to be proud of your choices. :o)
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    GREAT Work!!! ;)
  • domesticgypsie
    domesticgypsie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    They know everyone does it, besides, you got to enjoy your movie with no hunger, (or munchies) and no guilt! Good for you!
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I too went a couple weeks ago and really wanted popcorn! Had dinner right before the movie to stave off the cravings! Kudos to you.
  • mjf2001
    mjf2001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Alright, well ...I'm going to the movies tomorrow, and I'm already thinking I want a splurge day. :) Been to the movies twice since I started this weight loss regimen, and I was real good both times... smuggling in almonds, flavored rice cakes... but dammit, I've lost 32 lbs. in the last 10 weeks and I miss popcorn and Twizzlers! Any tips for minimizing the damage but still allowing myself the treat? :tongue:
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    Alright, well ...I'm going to the movies tomorrow, and I'm already thinking I want a splurge day. :) Been to the movies twice since I started this weight loss regimen, and I was real good both times... smuggling in almonds, flavored rice cakes... but dammit, I've lost 32 lbs. in the last 10 weeks and I miss popcorn and Twizzlers! Any tips for minimizing the damage but still allowing myself the treat? :tongue:

Buy a small popcorn instead a large, and pick up a small bag of Twizzlers at 7-11 instead of the family-sized ones they sell at the theatre. :)

I usually pop SmartPop! at home and smuggle it in or bring a baggie of sliced cucumbers shaken with pepper. Yum!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Resisting that popcorn and 32oz soda and candy is tough to do when everyone else around you in the theatre is munching away on it!

We also bring in our own healthier snacks. I don't feel bad about bringing in water bottles, granola bars, nuts, grapes, etc. If they offered these items at the concessions then maybe I would feel a bit of guilt and buy these things there, but since they don't I don't feel bad about it.
  • Eunified
    Eunified Posts: 51
    Options
    I smuggle in 94% fat free Popcorn.. I still get my popcorn during the movie and no one gets hurt! =D LOL