Intermittent fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've been skipping breakfast for years now. IF definitely doesn't have any magical qualities, but it does help me control my calorie intake. I don't start getting hungry until around 11am, so it makes sense for me to save my calories for lunch and dinner. Lots of little frequent meals just makes me hungrier. Two large meals is the more satisfying option for me.
  • Martinez83014
    Martinez83014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I only do 16:8 and use it to help keep me in a deficit. I make sure it is nutrient dense food, it is just easier to help keep under 1200 when I'm only eating 2 meals a day and maybe a snack or two rather than waking up and eating all day.
  • Megg82
    Megg82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love it. Just posted on another IF thread.
    I do 20 hr fast & 4 hr eating window.
    Personally I see HUGE benefits mentally and physically. Sharper focus and cognitive function, better mood and energy level, physical training is optimal in faster state (I’ve run my personal best 19 HRs into my fast & pushed my limits further strength training while fasted). My mind is clearer, no brain fog. It’s really great. I stopped tracking calories this past month but still lost inches. I’m small so I don’t do scales for weight, as I am trying to lose fat gain muscle and you can’t see that on a scale. I’m back to tracking calories this month to try to hardcore cut. I want a 6 pack & really defined muscles. My calves & thighs have remained the same size, I do a lot of squats and sprints. I am def stronger and see a difference in definition. But I want them cut and tight. I really enjoy IF and will not ever go back to a typical eating pattern. It’s easy and fits me & the benefits far exceed physical, I’m happy IFing.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Megg82 wrote: »
    I love it. Just posted on another IF thread.
    I do 20 hr fast & 4 hr eating window.
    Personally I see HUGE benefits mentally and physically. Sharper focus and cognitive function, better mood and energy level, physical training is optimal in faster state (I’ve run my personal best 19 HRs into my fast & pushed my limits further strength training while fasted). My mind is clearer, no brain fog. It’s really great. I stopped tracking calories this past month but still lost inches. I’m small so I don’t do scales for weight, as I am trying to lose fat gain muscle and you can’t see that on a scale. I’m back to tracking calories this month to try to hardcore cut. I want a 6 pack & really defined muscles. My calves & thighs have remained the same size, I do a lot of squats and sprints. I am def stronger and see a difference in definition. But I want them cut and tight. I really enjoy IF and will not ever go back to a typical eating pattern. It’s easy and fits me & the benefits far exceed physical, I’m happy IFing.

first of all congrats on the strength and so on. Thats the effects that it gives you. its not going to be that way for everyone. I cant workout fasted.Ive tried and I have no energy to work out.if you lost inches its because you are in a deficitif you are cutting and you arent recomping its going to be very hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time doing IF or not.

to get a 6 pack you may have to get down to a really low body fat %. for many women its hard to accomplish.I honestly think the fat loss and what not for you is down to a deficit even if you think you arent in one your body says differently. becoming stronger also has nothing to do with IF. The definition also cones from retaining muscle and losing body fat over that muscle.
  • dws00
    dws00 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the insightful comments.