Lower belly fat

Options
What suggestions does anyone have for toning and losing that “below the belly button pouch” that women often get when they’ve had kids? It always seems to be the hardest place to tone!

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Sad truth: you cannot pick where you lose fat. Your body decides where it will lose first and last.

Now, if you strengthen/build the muscle under fat, it may reduce the appearance as the muscle tissue will help hold everything up. MAY, not necessarily will.

Just keep eating healthy and exercising, you'll get there.
  • lyndsfattofit
    lyndsfattofit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Since I gained the last twenty pounds it has literally all gone to my lower stomach and its driving me mad. Calorie deficit, plenty of water and exercise and I'm hoping as it was the last to gain weight it'll be the first to lose? Probably very wishful thinking but it's getting me through haha

Like everyone's said unfortunately you can't spot reduce it comes off where it comes off
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That’s probably the last place you’ll see definition. Lowering body fat is the only way to get there.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Almost every woman has that. Even fit women who are really mindful of how they eat and exercise/lift weights. It just doesn’t bother me that much. Would I like for it to go away yea but Im not going to kill myself over it. Keep making progress and have patience.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what it is. If it's fat, see the link posted above. If it's loose skin, that's not going to be fixed by anything besides time and surgery. If you're fortunate enough that the collagen in your skin wasn't damaged to the point of not bouncing back during your pregnancies, it may tighten up over time. Not everyone is that fortunate. Multiple pregnancies break down the supporting structures of our skin that promote elasticity. Unfortunately, once they're gone, nothing ingested or applied topically will bring it back at a molecular level. Losing enough body fat over time can improve the appearance and the skin can become thinner and less noticeable (that wrinkly, crepe appearance mentioned above).
  • Isitua
    Isitua Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I’ve been been brisk walking for at least 60mins everyday, squats,along with core exercises like dead bug. I just noticed I lost 2 inches around my belly which is good. Also lots of veggies in your meals.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    The thing about that skin is that even is you do everything mentioned in the link above it might still be there. My stomach is flat now but I still have a funky belly button and crepe skin on my lower tummy. I found one lotion that has helped a little but at this point I’m accepting it will always be there.

I’m trying to look at it more as an earned trophy. My body created a human and I lost over 80lb after that. I’m super proud of those things.
    Yes, I think I will always have a funny looking crater of a belly button hahah
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    And sadly, as we enter menopause our fat storage migrates to our belly. Stupid hormones.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Almost every woman has that. Even fit women who are really mindful of how they eat and exercise/lift weights. It just doesn’t bother me that much. Would I like for it to go away yea but Im not going to kill myself over it. Keep making progress and have patience.

Most guys outside of their 20s too.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I store fluff in my belly button and am considering selling it on eBay. Maybe I'll save it and take up knitting....