Future Zombie Butt Kicker...

Options
Hi, I just discovered this site and thought I'd introduce myself.

I used to be very fit, then I had twins, took the Depo shot, battled cervical cancer, exploded my elbow (resulting in 3 surgeries and an arm that cant flip over)...so while I was always a feisty woman, I became a feisty woman with a gut and jiggly butt. I became sedentary and out of shape.

Many here want to get into shape to get healthy, help fight arthritic joints, all that stuff (and I want that too), but what I really want is to not be dinner for a group of zombies. I need to get into shape, get fit, get healthy so that if a zombie apocalypse ever happens, I can kick *kitten* like Alice in Resident Evil.

So I hope to meet many people here and build me a team of people cheering me on...and I hope to become someone else's cheerleader too.

Replies

• methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    bring it on! No Zombie dinner here!
    LOL

Love your reason...
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I always joke that I am working out to be able to run myself and my children away from zombies!
  • monicainacoma
    monicainacoma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll send a friend request. I'd be happy to try to help u stay motivated. =)
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hahaha :) my boyfriend is obsessed about a zombie apocalypse. At random times he will tell me about his plan to survive. For example, the other night we were chit chatting in bed before sleeping and he said if there was a zombie apocalypse right now we would have to grab his baseball bat (which he conveniently keeps right next to the bed) and his gun, break out the window before they come through the door...and if they come through the window, then we are probably screwed and he would let them eat me first so he could get away....i know, loving right? hahaha
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am with you on being a zombie butt kicker when the apocalypse happens. Just remember...cardio, cardio, cardio!!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Sounds reasonable and makes perfect sense to me! Got to consider these things...

Friend me if you'd like support, and I recommend Jillian Michaels programs to make you fast AND strong enough to survive ;)
  • akashastrega
    Options
    First day done...and UNDER my numbers!! Booyah baby! I made my signature, and cannot wait to see my butterfly move to the other side of the slider.

I have a feeling I'll be checking in here quite a bit, so feel free to check out my profile, blog, and whatever else...and feel free to send me a friend request...success is part tenacity and part cheerleader. I have the tenacity, now I need some cheerleaders!!
  • akashastrega
    Options
    Got a few friend requests, and it is so nice having people who are willing to help me up when I fall and celebrate my victories (and trust me, I'm all about that so you guys will also be hearing a lot from me).

Here's today's dilemma...It's my nephew's birthday party/BBQ. My brother-in-law is an award winning BBQ'ing champ--seriously, he enters all these cook-offs and wins. I love his Carne Asada...LOVE IT. I can eat 50 pounds of the stuff if they'd let me (but usually, thankfully, they don't make that much). I plan to bring my phone with me and enter into my diary, in the hopes that I won't fudge it a bit and binge...but frankly, I am REALLY worried that I will.

HOW DOES ONE STAY ON A STRICT CALORIC INTAKE AT A REALLY YUMMY/FUN OCCASION???

Really, how?? How do I not grab a beer and a big plate of Carne Asada and just pork out, when it tastes SOOOOO good??

Guess what I am asking for is tips and tricks, but maybe some motivation too. I really want to stay withing my calories for today, but I am really worried that I am gonna just dive in and say "to hell with counting calories today". I know when dieting we all fall off the wagon (so to speak) from time to time...but this is only day 2...I mean damn...2 days in and I'm already wanting to lick the crispy bits off of the BBQ.

I will never be a lean, mean zombie fighting machine with temptations like this.

So I will truly do my best...I really want to...just hoping my will to lose weight is stronger today than the delicious aroma of BBQ'd beef.
  • akashastrega
    Options
    WooHoo, 5 pounds down already!! Those zombies aren't gonna be able to catch me!!

If there are any zombie hunters out there, feel free to send me a friend request. We can support each other to lose weight, exchange healthy recipes and work on our zombie apocalypse strategy!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There's plenty of other people using the zombie apocalypse to get fit.

You'll find most of them in here. :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186484-zombie-survival-club