HELP.

Options
Hey,

I am trying to lose weight again. I gained about 40 lbs in the last year...and that was after 60 lbs of weight loss. I really wanted to progress from there, but events such as a car accident and stress from my job caused me to take to food. I am currently struggling with a cycle of stress eating and then not eating. Food delivery has been a huge problem in this. Advice to stay on track? Advice to kickstart? Motivation? Anything would help.

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Start logging your food even if you go over your calorie goal. Start now. Don’t wait until tomorrow. Just start logging everything you have eaten today.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Start logging your food even if you go over your calorie goal. Start now. Don’t wait until tomorrow. Just start logging everything you have eaten today.

Agreed. Log everything, the good the bad and the ugly. After a week or two, take a look at your food diary and see where you can make small tweaks that you can sustain. Maybe trade one soda per day for diet or water. Once that is a comfortable habit, then make another small tweak. Rinse and repeat.
  • LaughHappy907
    LaughHappy907 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yea - what the other people said. Log everything, absolutely everything. I'm a stress eater too and it helps to remember that if I want to eat something, but dread logging it that means I shouldn't be eating it. I also plan out my food for the day. By 9 am I will know what I am going to eat at each meal. That way I can use whatever calories are left over for cravings. Works if you still log all the cravings.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I also listen to weight loss motivational podcasts on my drive to and from work to keep me focused
  • Gabbie361
    Gabbie361 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Make friends on here I can't tell you I feel so motivated when someone comments on my entered workout or my competed diary saying good job. Plus everyday after completing my diary I feel motivated knowing how much I could weigh in just 5 weeks.