100% Whole grain bread in uk

Options

Hello all.
I have been looking to buy some 100% Whole grain bread in uk but can't seem to find it anywhere.
Where do u guys get yours from?

Regards
Isaac

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by 100% whole grain? Do you mean wholemeal? Or grain bread - this is often made with white flour not wholemeal although you should be able to find one.

Or do you mean like a sprouted grain bread (like dense heavy bricks)?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I should think any of the supermarkets would stock them - Waitrose, Sainsbury, Tescos.

If you are looking to spend a bit of extra £'s you could try Holland & Barretts.
  • iyobosaaiyanyo
    iyobosaaiyanyo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response..
    I was looking for any bread that says either 100% whole grain or 100% whole wheat.
    I went to 4 leading supermarkets yesterday and was shocked I couldn't find any.
    Tesco,sainsburys,waitrose, Morrisons and M & S.
  • iyobosaaiyanyo
    Options
    Thanks for your efforts my friend but I am afraid all those bread you see that says whole grain or whole wheat in supermarkets are just a sales thing to make you think you are buying healthy stuff .
    The packet MUST say "100% whole grain"or "100% whole wheat" if not don't bother..
    See the link I attached to see what I am talking about.
    https://fullplateliving.org/blog/how-eat-bread-and-still-lose-weight
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your efforts my friend but I am afraid all those bread you see that says whole grain or whole wheat in supermarkets are just a sales thing to make you think you are buying healthy stuff .
    The packet MUST say "100% whole grain"or "100% whole wheat" if not don't bother..

Yeah, no.

You can eat whatever bread you want and still lose weight as long as you're in a calorie deficit...
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    That's an American blog by the looks of it we don't have the same bread here in the UK
  • iyobosaaiyanyo
    Options
    Yes I know that I eat whatever I want at the moment and I am still losing 2% bodyfat per month as I stay within my calorie deficit but I was just asking if anyone knows where to get any of those from or is there none in the UK?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes I know that I eat whatever I want at the moment and I am still losing 2% bodyfat per month as I stay within my calorie deficit but I was just asking if anyone knows where to get any of those from or is there none in the UK?

So if you understand that the sort of bread you eat has no affect on weight loss, why does it matter?
  • iyobosaaiyanyo
    Options
    Because some have a higher calories content than others
  • iyobosaaiyanyo
    Options
    mj2vcwhat0hc.png
    584ij2ql15ma.png
  • iyobosaaiyanyo
    Options
    . That's an American blog by the looks of it we don't have the same bread here in the UK

That's what I was trying to establish
  • iyobosaaiyanyo
    Options
    . So if you understand that the sort of bread you eat has no affect on weight loss, why does it matter?

Just because some breads have a lower calorie content than others
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

If you look at the ingredients you'll see they all use wholemeal flour, not white flour and not a mix of white and wholemeal.

If you want less calories, eat less bread - buying sandwich slices instead of toast slices will help.
  • moestavern
    moestavern Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    America market things different, lots of bread in the uk are 100% Wholemeal. In fact “Hovis” bread say 100% on their ingredients list. If any bread is made with just whole meal flour, then it’s just that, 100% Wholemeal.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255000362
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    . So if you understand that the sort of bread you eat has no affect on weight loss, why does it matter?

Just because some breads have a lower calorie content than others

I often eat white bread BECAUSE it has lower calories