Is my diet healthy?

Options
I changed my diet when i realised i wasnt getting many calories, how do the past week's meals look nutrition-wise?

ps. the mixed vegetable dinners are stir fried

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    your diarys not open
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    nvrmd lol, now it is
  • libs3091
    libs3091 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    your diarys not open

Sorry i changed the settings after i posted :)
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    your calories arent that bad, but you should really eat more fat than that, i get crap for how much fat i eat and its a lot more than you lol.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    too few calories
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    It seems pretty healthy to me. Good job on the low fat stuff. Just watch the sugar though. I have the same problem sometimes.
  • libs3091
    Options
    your calories arent that bad, but you should really eat more fat than that, i get crap for how much fat i eat and its a lot more than you lol.

ok, i'll start adding some nuts or high fat things like that. thanks!
  • libs3091
    Options
    It seems pretty healthy to me. Good job on the low fat stuff. Just watch the sugar though. I have the same problem sometimes.

Yeah, i notice i always go way over my recommended sugar intake, but i read somewhere that you shouldn't really count the sugar from milk and fruit in the recommended intake, or at least not as much. Do you reckon that sounds right?
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    no problem! Nuts, peanut butter, cheese and etc are all good fats. If you eat too few a lot of things get affected, skin, hair and etc.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Nutrition wise, it's pretty good, but you are not eating enough calories. This will cause your metabolism to slow down and weight loss to stop.
  • libs3091
    Options
    Nutrition wise, it's pretty good, but you are not eating enough calories. This will cause your metabolism to slow down and weight loss to stop.

I'm more about maintaining my weight right now, but do you think increasing my cals will affect my weight or just stay the same until i start eating too many calories?
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I would watch the sugars, up the calories and try to hit your protein number. You are far too low on protein. Are you taking a multivitamin? Do you get enough vitamin D3/sunlight? How about iron and B12?
  • caitlin70433
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the sugar. It is from natural sources. You need more, though. More calories, more protein, more fat, etc. Your body needs fuel to exist.
  • libs3091
    Options
    I would watch the sugars, up the calories and try to hit your protein number. You are far too low on protein. Are you taking a multivitamin? Do you get enough vitamin D3/sunlight? How about iron and B12?

Yeah i'm taking a multivitamin and fish oil tablets with added selenium daily. I definitely need to up my protein level and calories, and iron level, but i HATE livers and stuff, so i'm not really sure what i can eat to do that.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I'm more about maintaining my weight right now, but do you think increasing my cals will affect my weight or just stay the same until i start eating too many calories?

If you are trying to maintain, then you definitely want to eat more. Eating that little will cause you to lose, and then possibly slow your metabolism causing you to start gaining.
  • libs3091
    Options

If you are trying to maintain, then you definitely want to eat more. Eating that little will cause you to lose, and then possibly slow your metabolism causing you to start gaining.

eek! i think i'll add in an extra chicken breast to the stir fry tonight!
  • susanofarrell
    susanofarrell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I concur. you are making great choices - but the amount is too little. Make larger portion sizes. If you want to revv up your metabolism, add more calories. I'd add more protein and fat (so add some almonds to a salad)
  • libs3091
    Options
    Ok I just tried to plan a days worth of meals and failed completely to reach all of the goals. When I didn't have enough calories I tried adding in extra things like cheese and nuts, and then I ended up with too much protein. So I cut back on the yogurt and meat, and then I didn't have enough calcium or calories! The only way I can reach my calorie goal is to add more fat, but then the amount of protein is too much. What do I do?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about going over on protein, that's no bad thing.

I'd switch your no-fat yoghurts for some regular ones - you might find they're lower in sugar too!
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Do you have your goals set for maintenance? Cause you would probably have to just lie around all day doing nothing for 1430kcal to be enough without loosing...
    And you should probably eat your excercise calories if you don't want to loose weight...
    Also, being in the red isn't that big a deal, as long as you're not over with like, -200 or whatever.

In short, eat more or you'll loose weight!