What's a good sports bra?

Options
I swear I need one made of steel or something. I have a few Danskin one's from walmart and they are not cutting it. I fall out of them or they don't support me. Any suggestions?

Replies

• tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you find one - please let me know. I am looking for one as well for Karate. Frankly "the twins" are getting in the way;(
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I just bought a shock absorber bra. (that's the brand) I'm a 40DD. and it's awesome. no movement, no jiggling. great support and very comfortable. i used to have an Enell bra too which was fine but i've lost weight and their size ranges don't fit me comfortably anymore.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I just got one last weekend by under armor and wow, it is awesome. A lot better than my adidas and nike one. Very supportive and has a small amount of padding (so hides the pokeys) and very comfy!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I wear D cup and I love this bra. I can jog and they stay put... Love it!! I bought it at Academy Sports.

Champion Women's Double Dry® Seamless Reversible Sports Bra

Price: $19.99

10132471.jpg?is=500,500
  • k8wilson
    k8wilson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Champion High Support bras are the best. The price is reasonable and the support is amazing! Nothing moves while working out.
  • trishdoyle
    Options
    Look at the Title 9 website. They have great bras.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I swear I need one made of steel or something. I have a few Danskin one's from walmart and they are not cutting it. I fall out of them or they don't support me. Any suggestions?

Okay...so number one rule about ANYTHING for workouts is don't go too cheap. Anything from walmart or Target that is under $20 probably won't support the girls if you are bigger than a B cup. I run, and was fitted for a $30 Moving Comfort bra at my local Fleet Feet store. The price made me nervous(living on a budget!) but what a difference! My D's don't move or bother me whatsoever during runs or boot camp classes and no pain either, even on my long runs. Moving COmfort comes in underwire or no underwire and I am sure can be found online as well. Good luck and remember...when it comes to your health never skimp :-)
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I wear D cup and I love this bra. I can jog and they stay put... Love it!! I bought it at Academy Sports.

Champion Women's Double Dry® Seamless Reversible Sports Bra

Price: $19.99

10132471.jpg?is=500,500

Where did you buy yours at?
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    Doubling up works great! I do that with the the lighter weight ones, or with tops that have one of those useless shelf bras.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Okay...so number one rule about ANYTHING for workouts is don't go too cheap. Anything from walmart or Target that is under $20 probably won't support the girls if you are bigger than a B cup. I run, and was fitted for a $30 Moving Comfort bra at my local Fleet Feet store. The price made me nervous(living on a budget!) but what a difference! My D's don't move or bother me whatsoever during runs or boot camp classes and no pain either, even on my long runs. Moving COmfort comes in underwire or no underwire and I am sure can be found online as well. Good luck and remember...when it comes to your health never skimp :-)

My concern is chafing, I can find one that holds them I just don't want to have a red ring around my torso & under my arms after a run.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Zeller's. It looks pretty heavy duty and I wouldn't wear it infront of people lol, but it kept my girls down when I was a DD and now it does an even better job after my reduction to a C.
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a CW-X brand, for extra support. I started running and this bra has saved my life! I feel well supported and it is constructed very well busted women. The price is around $50+ but well worth it! Good luck
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Check and see if you have a Maiden Form store in your area they have really good sport bras, they are pricey but very well worth it. Some stores measure and fit you.
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I use the Enell bra and it's changed my life! I'm a size F or something ridiculous like that, and this bra offers great support. It is pretty expensive, not very attractive, and has this weird seam that shows on all of my shirts but I don't care because it's the best sports bra I've ever had.
  • kjwilson1
    Options
    I use the Enell bra and it's changed my life! I'm a size F or something ridiculous like that, and this bra offers great support. It is pretty expensive, not very attractive, and has this weird seam that shows on all of my shirts but I don't care because it's the best sports bra I've ever had.

Ditto. I have just ordered two new ones. They are definitely pricy but you can find new (tags attached) seconds (mis-sized, minor defects) on E-bay for quite a bit cheaper.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options

My concern is chafing, I can find one that holds them I just don't want to have a red ring around my torso & under my arms after a run.

Agreed . I haven't had any problems with the moving comfort with chafing either. I chafed often when I doubled up though!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I got this one from Old Navy recently and it's AMAZINGGG.

on731896-28qlv01.jpg
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    What size are you? Do you need lots of support? I just got this one, love it! I have one from Nike too, but it was twice more expensive and actually VS one better
    http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265564203996&c=Page&cid=1311128179419&pagename=vsdWrapper
  • catherinejbr
    Options
    I bought the Lululemon "The Bust Stops Here" in 38DD. It is unbelievable! The only problem is, I bought it at an outlet while on vacation and now I find out that it has been discontinued. Before this one, I had a Moving Comfort Maia bra in 40DD, it was really good but the bottom band rolled a bit. The Lululemon is perfect. I mean, no movement, and it is super comfortable. I never knew that working out could be like this. I am in week 5 of the c25k program and I could never have made it here without this bra.

The new one they make to replace it is called the Ta Ta Tamer but unfortunately it does not seem to come in the larger sizes. I don't know what to do when I need a new one because I don't want anything else! I even contacted the outlet in Orlando but they said they would not ship.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Doubling up works great! I do that with the the lighter weight ones, or with tops that have one of those useless shelf bras.

Yes, this works for me too!