Late night eating

Options
LPHillery
LPHillery Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2017 in Motivation and Support
I get I'll in the morning, have a decent breakfast, reasonable lunch, then lose it after dark. How are you battling this phenomenon?
I need ideas, help, a distraction...

Replies

• LPHillery
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast, eat a small meal in the afternoon, then a big dinner and dessert...
  • BrianAWeber
    BrianAWeber Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What do you mean when you say you "lose it" after dark? Do you mean that you are just over eating, or that you are bingeing on sweets? If it's sweets then I would recommend fitting fruits in with your breakfast and lunches. Fruits kill my sweet tooth and I don't crave them nearly as much as I used to. If it is the former look to eating foods that are more filling for dinner. Rice, sweet potatoes, rice with sweet potatoes work great for me.
  • LPHillery
    Options
    I just way overeat. Sorry it's taken so long to get back. I've gotten better about the late night eating. I still struggle.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Find some calories to allow for 1 or 2 planned snacks. I use about 10% of my calories for after dinner snacks.

How low are your calories set?

If your program is too rigid, you’re making it through the day but it’s catching up with you when you’re more tired at the end of the day. Maybe up your number a bit If you can do it and still lose.

Or, rework your menu to find some calories for the evening.

I plan 2 snacks that I eat at specified times. Delaying is a lot easier than “Just day no.” So I have my main snack at about 8:30. But I keep about 50 cals in reserve for just before bed. Why? It reduces my stress knowing something is available. Sometime I skip that one.

Staring down the refrigerator is a hard way to get through the evening.

• dw098
    dw098 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I go to bed within 2 hours of a very light, easy to digest dinner, I avoid the time when hunger sets in. Also, I find that doing something that I enjoy and that is tough to do while eating keeps me from needing a snack. I sew or paint. Reading in bed would work for me also, as I don't eat in bed.