Bad afternoon

Options
sd99
sd99 Posts: 9 Member
I started mfp on monday (well, restarted... I lost weight in the past but not recently). Had a good week, stuck to 1600 a day and got some exercise in.
Anyway, I am so tired and grumpy today, had a bad night with my baby (injections). I have eaten so much rubbish this afternoon, I am really disappointed in myself. Eaten about 4 slices of bread with 2 cheese slices, 4 bags of crisps and half a pack of biscuits
and I haven't had an evening meal. Eaten 2000 calories already. In the past, when I have done this, I have tended to think f**k it and ordered a takeaway and a bottle of wine. I am trying to resist going down this path. Any tips on how to get back on it?

Replies

• JinnBee
    JinnBee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Start where you are. Eat a healthy dinner, put today behind you, and keep on trying. Bad days will happen. You're human. Just keep trying!
  • daniellewhiteliving
    daniellewhiteliving Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I totally sympathise...I have a bad night most nights as my baby doesn't sleep well. And I've eaten even more than you and hated myself for it. Just put it down to a bad day...that's all it is. Don't be so hard on yourself it's awful when they have their injections. Now I have low calorie stuff in like snack a jack crisp or i make myself a big omlette with loads of mushrooms and salad. Maybe try have alternatives in for future bad days. It's all about mindset but so hard when your tired I know.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Try thinking of it like this: If you order takeaway and a bottle of wine, won't you actually feel worse about everything afterwards? If you want to feel better, make a better choice now and doing that positive thing will start turning your day around. Turn the bad afternoon into a good night.

Good luck!
  • sd99
    sd99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies. I haven't had anything else (just loads of water). It is just a weird mindset I get in where I want to eat and eat. I think I am actually really tired and if I could sleep, I wouldn't get the urge to snack. Oh well, baby won't be a baby forever! In fact, he is 12 months now so that isn't a very good excuse anymore :D