Prepared / Delivered Meal Plans

Options
For those that have tried delivered meal plans, which ones have you tried, and which ones can you recommend?

I can meal prep at home, but sometimes I like to just get a delivery of a week of meals. I typically just do lunches for work. I’m ok making dinners at home.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• kashcopyright
    kashcopyright Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello Fresh was amazing but the calories are pretty high. The portions are large too, though, so I was splitting each meal into 3 servings or so. I would get three meals which ended up being like 9 servings each box, but you can also do 2 meals per box. About $60 with no discount.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Hello Fresh was amazing but the calories are pretty high. The portions are large too, though, so I was splitting each meal into 3 servings or so. I would get three meals which ended up being like 9 servings each box, but you can also do 2 meals per box. About $60 with no discount.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like you have to cook though. lol. I don’t want to cook. I just want the prepared meals ready for the microwave.
    In that case, how about the grocery store freezer section? I base a lot of my meals around Lean Cuisines and steam-in-bag veggies.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like you have to cook though. lol. I don’t want to cook. I just want the prepared meals ready for the microwave.
    In that case, how about the grocery store freezer section? I base a lot of my meals around Lean Cuisines and steam-in-bag veggies.

I agree- just buy frozen dinners at the grocery store and save a ton of money.
  • tklivory
    tklivory Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I was recovering from a fairly major medical procedure and decided to splurge on my food (since I wouldn't be able to cook for a while), I got Freshly meals. I was incredibly pleased with them, and they have enough change in their menus that it has a good variety most of the time. The food was, for the most part, delicious, and delivered fresh. If you don't go the frozen entree route, I'd recommend Freshly.
  • Kate_therapist1
    Kate_therapist1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started diet chef, they'll deliver to you calorie counted food, breakfast, snacks, lunches and dinners.... easy peacy
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    In Texas the HEB grocery stores have a variety of fresh meals in the deli area. Some are ready to warm in the microwave. Others are in an oven safe container ready to pop in the oven. I have enjoyed the single serve oven meals I have tried
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Where are you located? Google meal delivery services in your area and see what pops up.

I know people who have used Bite Meals. Factor 75 is keto based. Icon meals is all over Instagram. But you might have some local options that would be better in terms of shipping too.
  • onefortypoint6
    onefortypoint6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The Good Kitchen does frozen meals in single serve portions. All made from scratch, organic, grass fed, etc... if you are interested in that. It’s cheapest if you order in bulk. ~$8 per meal.
  • smoothgrl
    smoothgrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Factor 75 meals are delicious! They use only grass fed meats, organic non-GMO, and are gluten free among several other good for you things. I'm having to re-vamp my entire life due to medical reasons and that's very overwhelming. Factor 75 meals are reasonably priced and have made my life a lot easier! I highly recommend them!