Any tips would help!!! :) All opinions welcome!!

Options
Hi guys! So my daily calorie intake goal is 1,200 cals a day.. but sometimes I go a littttle under. I try to always meet my goal every day though! For the past 2 days I haven't hit the gym :( But did about 2 hours of walking due to shopping / the mall LOL! Anyway.. my diary is open for everyone to see... please, no mean.. or rude feedback! Lol I know my diary has pretty much the same thing over & over, but I TRY to switch it up! I realized I'm going a bit over my protein & fiber.. is that okay or will affect my weight loss??

And btw guys.. I focus on cardio when I do go to the gym.. I go about 3 x a week and then on Sundays.. only for an hour. I mainly run(jog)/walk on high incline on the treadmill, lift some 5 pound weights for 10 mins.. stretches.. squats.. and elliptical for about 15 mins. Anyone's main source of cardio helped them lose weight? ANY TIPS WOULD BE SO HELPFUL!!!!

Replies

• PRbyLynn
    Options
    you don't have to hit the gym to get exercise in. Believe it or not this site counts cooking, cleaning and doing yard work as exercise. You burn calories doing them. Just type in what you did whether walking the dog, cutting grass, weeding the garden. anything helps.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Actually your diary isn't open.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    you don't have to hit the gym to get exercise in. Believe it or not this site counts cooking, cleaning and doing yard work as exercise. You burn calories doing them. Just type in what you did whether walking the dog, cutting grass, weeding the garden. anything helps.

You're right the site does count them but, a word of caution. If these are activities that you did as you put weight on I wouldn't count them as exercise and eat back the calories on them. They didn't help you lose before they probably won't help you lose now unless you're putting a lot of extra gusto into them.

In my opinion exercise is something you do above and beyond the norm. I don't count cleaning or walking the dog because that is part of your lifestyle. Exercise extends and pushes the muscles or raises the heart rate to an aerobic level.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I cannot see you diary :(
  • PatientBear
    Options
    Cooking, cleaning, yard work and walking the dog are activities of daily living, NOT exercise. Yes, you burn calories doing them, but you burn calories sitting on the toilet too and that's not exercise either.

Cardio will help you lose weight but you have to eat your exercise calories back. If you are eating 1200 and burning 300-400 through exercise, your body isn't getting enough fuel and your weight loss will not be as efficient as you want it to be. NET calories should be 1200, not total calories.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much to everyone that responded! I appreciate it! :) and my apologies about my diary, it is NOW OPEN & viewable!! I know it's the same foods mainly but I just love the food I eat that's much healthier than how I used to eat 3 months ago!