Slender Sisters week 2 (closed group)

Options
Hey ladies! It's Thursday which means it's weigh in day! I am thrilled to say that I am down about a half of pound from last week, and TOM is finally on the way out the door. SO, for me, today I am coming in at 174.8! yay!

Also, while you are at it, if you have time, please take a few minutes to tell us a little something ABOUT you..who you are..what makes you YOU! I will start.

I am an artist at heart, and I have a degree in graphic design. Before the twins came along, I was a designer at a newspaper and I absolutely loved it! Now I work as a freelancer, and design a magazine in the town I grew up. (dcfocusmagazine.com) I really enjoy all kinds of art, especially sewing, painting and anything crafty.

What about you? What makes you tick?

Replies

• sweetsapphire85
    Options
    WK 1: 144
    WK 2: 141.5

When i was in elementary school I had such severe learning disabilities that they warned my parents just graduating and getting a diploma would be a feat in and of itself. I've not only gotten my diploma but an AA in early childhood education, BS in Family Studies and now am finishing up my Masters in Social work.

I'm finishing up my degree this May and going back to where I got my passion from and working with children diagnosed with cancer. as well as their families.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    week 1: 166.8
    week 2: 165.0 (-0.8)

I'm a Respiratory Therapist at a Children's Hospital. I work full-time in the evenings and get to spend the mornings with my 2 year old son. My hobbies include photography and photo editing. I do pics for friends and familie members and have considered making it a part time career, but it's very time consuming. Currently my only other hobby includes whatever my son is doing...hahaha. It won't be long before I can get into some other activities like swimming and biking! My husband is a gigantic AR Razorback fan and hunter. He also has absolutely no problem losing weight and keeping it off. hahaha!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Audra that is awesome...but I know that photo editing and stuff can really suck up a ton of your time! I really enjoy it too. What programs do you use? I am currently using the adobe suite for all of my design stuff and i LOVE it!
  • nikniki
    nikniki Posts: 21
    Options
    Week 1:162
    Week 2:162 (Epic Fail on my diet all week, I am going to work on this harder cause I suck lol)

I am Active Duty Navy, I am a corpsmen working at Naval Medical Center San Diego. I am currently getting an AA in medical Admin and would like to study forensic nursing, forensic science, Or a degree in Social Work. I am kinda a geek my husband and I love comics its our thing. I enjoy swimming but I am not great at it. I guess that is it about me Congrats everyone on your weights this week!
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Week 1: 180.2
    Week 2: 180

I didn't lose very much, but I'll take it. I'm not sure that my scale is working correctly. I might need to get a new one. It just isn't consistent. I sometimes get weights with as much as a 2 pound difference. I'm afraid next week I'll be battling that TOM. Ugghhh. Do you all have a scale you love? Ours is about 10 years old.

I currently work full-time as a Research Analyst for a community college. In a little over a week I will switch over to working part-time because my baby (ok, my big girl) will begin kindergarten. It's always been my goal to pick my girls up from school once they started, so that's what we're trying. My youngest will come to work with me and go to the child care on campus and we'll go pick up my oldest from school and head home. I'm not sure how long this part-time status will work for my job, so I will probably start looking for part-time work, particularly working from home, soon.

I love to sew! I don't have as much time to sew as I'd like because my husband works late quite often. I have so many projects I'd like to get done and can't wait for that extra time I hope to have once working part-time. I also make some income by sewing baby gifts for friends. The girls keep my pretty busy so that's about my only hobby.
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!

Well done for your losses, those who have maintained , don't be too disheartened, your body will catch up! :d

I have had a 1.5 lb loss which puts me at 159.7 lbs, that will do me nicely xx

As for me, I work in a primary school as a senior lunchtime supervisor which I love. I've just completed a course to become a breastfeeding peer support worker in our local community, so can't wait to go "live". Love walking, swimming, reading and write my own poetry xx

Chrissy xx
  • audram420
    Options
    Wow so far so good...even if you didn't lose, don't get upset...because at least you didn't gain. I've read that if you maintain a weight for a little bit, it will boost your weight loss when you make changes to lose it again...You'll see it start falling off!!
  • audram420
    Options
    Audra that is awesome...but I know that photo editing and stuff can really suck up a ton of your time! I really enjoy it too. What programs do you use? I am currently using the adobe suite for all of my design stuff and i LOVE it!

I'm still trying learn photoshop....I really like playing around with picnik, though. Since I don't do it for a living, I figure I'll use something like that until I can learn photoshop better. I currently have elements 7.
  • asiavenetia
    asiavenetia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm down 3pounds this week!
    Wk 1: 304
    Wk 2: 301

A little about me-- I am currently a case manager for a day and resource center for the homeless. I am also pursuing a degree in Social Work. I am looking forward to learning how to swim before this year is over, I love planning events and having family time!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am going to weigh in tomorrow - I try to only get on once a week (which is normally fri for me) - when i get on more than that i tend to get a little eatmotional :-) Anyways, I am a mother of two - an 8 year old son and a 21 month old daughter. I work full time as a tax accountant so double time January thru April :-( I am hoping i will be able to keep up with my new found healthiness by the time this tax season rolls around!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ok - the numbers are in.....the scale read 165.6 this morning. Still in a little shock - i am down 3.8 from last week. Ill take it!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    hey ladies!

I just wanted to check in today and see how everyone is doing. Today I decided to come up with an affirmation for myself, like a mantra, in order to help keep my outlook on life positive and healthy. To put it quite bluntly, the unexpected transition into twin-mommyhood has been so hard and very trying on my self esteem and sense of well being, so starting today, THIS IS MY MANTRA:

I am free to be myself
    I accept myself as I am
    I am the captain of my ship

what's yours?
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    bump!
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey! Ladies

I gained weight this week, 242.8 lbs, up .06 lbs. I think its because I change my routine and started lifting heavier weights last week. I don't know for now but we shall see over the next few weeks if its the heavy lifting.
  • chrissypops
    Options
    Hey! Ladies

I gained weight this week, 242.8 lbs, up .06 lbs. I think its because I change my routine and started lifting heavier weights last week. I don't know for now but we shall see over the next few weeks if its the heavy lifting.

With any luck it could just be water held in your muscles , fingers crossed for your loss nxt week!
    I am free to be myself
    I accept myself as I am
    I am the captain of my ship

Thats a fab mantra!

Chrissy x
  • audram420
    Options
    Way to go girls!! I need a mantra...I've a read a few other peoples...and I think mine {for now} will be ... "i want to shop off the rack, I want to shop off the rack" hahaha. This means I want to get back to where I was when I didn't have to worry about trying on everything...I can pick up a shirt, hold it up and say, "yeah it'll fit"
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    great to hear from a few of you!

I am kinda wondering where everyone from the original thread went though?
    Glad to see that some of you are sticking around and sticking to it though, let's keep each other going!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Hey guess what ladies? I decided to give the 200 sit ups program a shot. I am just going to start with the 'test' today to see how many 'good form' sit-ups I can do. I am going to be hurting tomorrow but I am curious to see how strong my core is. I will report back when I am through with the test!

OK! I did it! I pushed myself to do 60! I was about to stop at 50 but I decided to feel the burn and keep going! I'm gonna be feeling this tomorrow!
  • audram420
    Options
    WTG girl...keep it up. I thought about doing the 200 push-up challenge, but I'd rather do the sit-ups!! I may join ya!
  • chrissypops
    Options
    Hey guess what ladies? I decided to give the 200 sit ups program a shot. I am just going to start with the 'test' today to see how many 'good form' sit-ups I can do. I am going to be hurting tomorrow but I am curious to see how strong my core is. I will report back when I am through with the test!

OK! I did it! I pushed myself to do 60! I was about to stop at 50 but I decided to feel the burn and keep going! I'm gonna be feeling this tomorrow!

Well done lady! :D Im going to start the 200 sit up program, just waiting for my OH to come back from holiday ( hes taking his nephew away) and we are going to start it together xx