Meals

Options
Can you give me list of snacks or meals that you eat regularly.

I notice I eat a lot of carbs and sugar. Any ideas.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That will fill the whole page. Why don't you eat meals and snacks YOU like.

You can set your macros as you like, or not even track macros, and sugar is a subset of carbs, so unless you have a medical reason to limit sugar, don't track sugar. If you like to eat a lot of carbs and sugar and it doesn't affect you negatively, it's better to keep doing that and hit your calorie goal and get in good nutrition, than risking burnout. If you want to eat less carbs and sugar, eat less of foods that are high in carbs and sugar, and more of foods that are high in fat and protein.
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    turkey pepperoni and string cheese :3
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i eat what i like. i make it fit in my calorie goals.

i dont eat anything special and i dont avoid any foods
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    egg white omelets or cereal are my go-to's for breakfast, when I eat breakfast which isn't every day
    Lunch is usually a sandwich on whole grain bread with turkey or a big salad with turkey
    Dinner is whatever I want.. today, that was popcorn and Mike & Ike's at the movies
    Snacks are often apples, with or without peanut butter, depending on my calories, ice cream, popcorn, Fiber one bars (because I love them)

ETA: My diary is open, feel free to browse. Ignore the trail mix yesterday.. I won't be buying that stuff again, oy!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I eat the way I would eat after I finish losing. Just a bit less (in my case about 200cal less which makes very little difference from maintanance). I've lost 30lbs.
    I just had pizza with ham, cheese, mushrooms and mascarpone and for dessert tiramisu. I'm going to have a tin of tapioca later. I eat everything I like.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's jicama sticks, celery and carrot sticks dipped in hummus, many salads with a hard-boiled egg, lots of apples, fish like ahi tuna, salmon or halibut, Outshine fruit bars, veggie chips (if I have to cheat), fat-free half and half in my coffee, Asian hot and sour soup, veggie omelets and sometimes shrimp or bacon, but I go very easy on the cheese since I'm not doing keto yet, tacos with chicken and limited cheese, taco salad using lots of veggies and no chips with a low fat or low carb dressing on the side. One big go-to for me when I want a hardy meal is a vegetable beef soup. I make it in a big pot using one chuck steak diced, lots of veggies. Canned corn, green beans, black beans, carrots, peas, diced celery, onion, sweet potato diced, a can of tomato paste and about 6 cups of water with beef flavor. You can also use vegetable broth. It is around 180 calories for a 2 cup serving. Very satisfying.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this will be helpful for you:

dhfduabzdaw5.jpg
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat food you like that satisfies you.
    Plan meals and prelog your food for the day if you have trouble meeting your goals.

Typically I eat things like this:
    Breakfast- low prep foods like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese
    Lunch- things like sandwich, salad, or dinner leftovers
    Dinner- something different every night of the month. Soup once a week usually.
    Snacks- things like fruit, chips, popcorn, pretzels, chocolate, cookies, granola bar, carrots, celery, broccoli, trail mix, deviled eggs, pickles, cottage cheese

Just normal food.