Soba Noodles with Shrimp (Cooking Light)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Soba Noodles with Shrimp (LISTED AS A GREAT POST-WORKOUT MEAL)

Cooking the soba takes about 6 minutes, and you can chop and assemble the remaining ingredients while the noodles cook. Purchase peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, or buy raw shrimp and add them to the boiling water a couple of minutes after adding the noodles. This recipe is easily doubled if you need more than one serving.

2 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat) noodles
4 cups water
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp (about 3 ounces)
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Break noodles in half. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add noodles; cook 4 minutes. Add carrot to noodles in pan; cook 2 minutes or until noodles are done. Drain.

Combine vinegar, oil, soy sauce, garlic sauce, and sugar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add noodle mixture, shrimp, onions, and cilantro; toss to coat. Cover and chill.

Yield: 1 serving (serving size: 2 cups)

CALORIES 357 (15% from fat); FAT 6g (sat 1g,mono 2.1g,poly 2.4g); IRON 4.7mg; CHOLESTEROL 166mg; CALCIUM 72mg; CARBOHYDRATE 51.7g; SODIUM 898mg; PROTEIN 26.9g; FIBER 3g

Cooking Light, JULY 2004

shrimp-noodles-ck-682915-l.jpg

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Soba Noodles with Shrimp (LISTED AS A GREAT POST-WORKOUT MEAL)

Cooking the soba takes about 6 minutes, and you can chop and assemble the remaining ingredients while the noodles cook. Purchase peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, or buy raw shrimp and add them to the boiling water a couple of minutes after adding the noodles. This recipe is easily doubled if you need more than one serving.

2 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat) noodles
    4 cups water
    1/2 cup shredded carrot
    1 tablespoon rice vinegar
    1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
    1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
    1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
    1/8 teaspoon sugar
    1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp (about 3 ounces)
    1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Break noodles in half. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add noodles; cook 4 minutes. Add carrot to noodles in pan; cook 2 minutes or until noodles are done. Drain.

Combine vinegar, oil, soy sauce, garlic sauce, and sugar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add noodle mixture, shrimp, onions, and cilantro; toss to coat. Cover and chill.

Yield: 1 serving (serving size: 2 cups)

CALORIES 357 (15% from fat); FAT 6g (sat 1g,mono 2.1g,poly 2.4g); IRON 4.7mg; CHOLESTEROL 166mg; CALCIUM 72mg; CARBOHYDRATE 51.7g; SODIUM 898mg; PROTEIN 26.9g; FIBER 3g

Cooking Light, JULY 2004

shrimp-noodles-ck-682915-l.jpg
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This looks fantastic! I love the Lee Kum Kee sauce on scrambled Egg Beaters, too!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    bump- I loooove soba noodles! This looks great, Tami! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    bump- I loooove soba noodles! This looks great, Tami! :flowerforyou:
    Your welcome! I love soba noodles too! Super filling!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hmmm, going to have to make this soon, I think!! :love:

Since Trader Joe's doesn't seem to have their Soba Noodle Salad anymore! :grumble:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, going to have to make this soon, I think!! :love:

Since Trader Joe's doesn't seem to have their Soba Noodle Salad anymore! :grumble:

I haven't had any luck finding the soba noodles. I think I'll have to go to an Asian specialty store. Just be thankful you have a TJ's, we don't have them around here! :cry:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    bump for later

Thanks looks good