I am Patrick from Vienna (Austria)

Options
Dear fitness pals,

well, I need to start somewhere. Why not here?
My life is kind of a mess and I am going to fix this once and for all. I will start by eating healthy.

Last year I managed to eat healthy for three months, so I know that it can be done again. :) Fixing my sleep-cycle will be much more of a challenge for me :(

So, one step at a time. I now do only plans that will be sustainable.
My goal is to learn a new habit slowly and then progress to the next change. I want my lifestyle change to be permanent. Slow but steady. Too many changes at once or wanting to change fast have always failed in the past.
Therefor I am not planning any sports at the moment.

I will log the next 100 days to get started. (If someone wants to join me, I posted the challenge under “Challenges” too)
I am allowed to eat everything, but within my limit (probably around 1600 kcal).
I try to eat much protein and less carbohydrates.
Also, I am preparing my own meals – they are usually filling and low in calories (300 – 700kcal) and I find them very tasty.
I am looking forward to lose some pounds but the real challenge is to change my habits. Really at this point weight loss is just a byproduct for me as I need to change my lifestyle to make this permanent.

I will open my diary but could someone please advise me if I should open it for everybody, for fitness pals or just for friends?

I am always looking for new friends (please add me), motivation and support from the community. B)
I live in Austria, but sadly the German boards have not much going on.

Greetings from Vienna,
Patrick

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Vienna is my favourite city in the world :) I'm a professional classical musician so I would love to live there
  • kissmynivarna
    kissmynivarna Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    MY NAME IS VIENNA

All my text has disappeared that I wrote :( I wrote a paragraph damnnn this app. Right I’ve been doing the low carb and high protein lifestyle and it works. The main carb you just want to cut is bread. Sweet potatoes are fine in moderation etc. But I’d be happy to help you with all the tips and tricks I’ve learnt and how to get through plateau’s I had :)
  • Patrick_Mars
    Patrick_Mars Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @singingflutelady That's nice to hear :) Yes I think it's a good choice for people interested in classical music. So are you playing the flute? (because of your name) ;)

@kissmynivarna Really? I didn't know that it's used as a name too. :) Yes, you are right, any kind of bread really seems bad when you are trying to lose weight. And noodles too, sadly. :(
  • Bellavita31
    Bellavita31 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Good start...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @Patrick_Mars yes I play flute
  • kittiebittie
    kittiebittie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am immigrating from the US to Norway. I'd love some buddies from Europe.
  • Patrick_Mars
    Patrick_Mars Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @kittiebittie That sounds very adventurous. B) I've never been to Norway. But I would also love to visit it one day.
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am immigrating from the US to Norway. I'd love some buddies from Europe.

I also am an American expat. I've been in Germany for about 7 years on and off but now I'm probably here for good. I just started MFP. Still trying to figure it out but I think it's really good for accountability. I will also do the 100 day challenge. Sometimes I find it difficult to track when I'm travelling but it's my weightloss pitfall so I guess I need to do better. You can add me if you like.
  • klehmann7918
    klehmann7918 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is this thread still active? I just got restarted yesterday - I am an american expat in Germany looking for some other friends in the same time zone to lose with. Ping me if you are still on :-)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Good luck Patrick.
    I'm another who loves Vienna. I have some really good friends there and I think it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world. My boots i use for figure skating come from Vienna too! They're hard to get in North America so my friend ships them to me. 😂. Good luck with your new fit and healthy lifestyle
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I moved to Vienna from the US and will be here for couple years at least. There are a lot of opportunities here for active lifestyle: walking, hiking, biking, skiing, you name it! If anyone have questions - let me know!