sad

Options
i just started the program a week ago.. and i weighed myself and no weight loss

Replies

• alisoncarl
    Options
  • MattySparky
    Options
    you cant expect weight loss with only one week. There are people on here who bust their butts all month for only a few lbs sometimes.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    on top of that... dont be discouraged if you gain weight... it happens. Remember we're all in this for the long term, so if you dont see immediate results dont worry about it. Nothing comes easy with this type of stuff.
  • Rosebud1956
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thats one week down.
  • shell_newman
    shell_newman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on for awhile but no weight loss here either. My husband has had lots of luck. At least 10 lbs in 6 weeks. It's frustrating. But, do you feel better? That is the real question.
  • JackandJill
    Options
    Sometimes the weight shifts before you lose it.... look for shifts I do!! :tongue:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Keep going. !! :happy:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Keep at it everyone. It sometimes takes a while for your body to catch up to the good choices you are making.. Remember, this is not a quicky diet - this is a lifestyle choice. Well worth the time invested..

:drinker: :drinker:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I just posted this lastnight- So I will post it in your topic

While experts generally recommend losing 1-2 pounds a week, most of us probably don't get that close. Remember: to lose one pound, you have to create a 500-calorie deficit every day for a week. It's fairly easy to cut calories from food since you can keep track by reading labels and measuring. The problem comes in when trying to determine how many calories you're burning with exercise. You can use a calorie calcuator, but that's often overestimated. How many calories you burn with exercise often comes down to things we can't measure such as how hard you're working and your fitness level.
    Add to that the fact that there are many factors that affect weight loss which, again, can't always be measured or accounted for with the tools we have to track progress. In that sense, your body may be making changes that can't yet be measured with a scale or a tape measure.

Give your body time to respond to what you're doing. It may be weeks or months before you see significant changes so don't freak out if you're not seeing results after only a few weeks. Being patient and taking it one day at a time will allow you to enjoy the journey instead of focusing on the destination.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Also remember the weight didn't come on in 5 days and it will not come off in 5 days either.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If you aren't seeing the scale move, I suggest looking at what you are putting in your mouth. You need to be 100% honest with EVERY MORSEL that goes into your body. If you aren't counting that bite of leftover mac and cheese on your child's plate or those 2 potato chips, thinking they won't matter then you're cheating yourself. The average bite is 20-25 calories, so it doesn't take much to add up a few hundred calories throughout the day. Diet is 80% of your success and the TYPE of food you are taking in matters, as well. 100 brocolli calories are not the same as 100 cupcake calories, despite what we might think. Eating as 'clean' as possible, with the fewest processed foods and plenty of fruits/veggies and whole grains, and at least one hour of exercise per day is needed to see results. Also, strength training is essential as muscle burns fat even at rest.

If you are doing all of this, then keep it up and you WILL see results. If your regimen needs some tweaking, then that might be what you need to do to get to your goal.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. Sometimes if you are working out you are building your muscles while losing fat and although the scale may not show it, the tape measurement does.

I have only lost 14 lbs but I have lost 4 inches off my butt. The smaller butt is more important to me than the number on the scale.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. Sometimes if you are working out you are building your muscles while losing fat and although the scale may not show it, the tape measurement does.

I have only lost 14 lbs but I have lost 4 inches off my butt. The smaller butt is more important to me than the number on the scale.
  • mrsyac2
    Options

how many calories did you burn this week? did you have a few days when you went over your calories? Remember it takes 3500 calories to lose or gain a lb--
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I personally started on Jan21st. With a 990 calorie deficit built in here and then exercise 20 mins 3 times a week (cause I am wayyyyyyyy outa shape). I started tracking my weight on Jan 30th and have lost 12 pounds! I have not cheated....I eat healthy choices. And even if I have gone over my calories in a day (never more then 250-300) I am still in a deficit and the calorie overage is from something healthy....not choco cake. The first week I measured myself rather then weighed.....and measured myself in the way my body felt. Honestly, if I never lose a pound again, the pain in my joints is gone, my injured tendon (8 months of pain) is finally gone, my skin is better, my hair is better, my bathroom breaks are better and I just feel much much better.

Hang in there, give it a month and re-evaluate. It takes a little while.

:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Keep at you, you will get there.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

ah yes, the tape measure, our real true friend! The tape measure doesn't typically go up and down unless we're doing something crazy with our foods :laugh: The scale on the other hand is not our friend as it changes constantly on whim throughout the day. I now weigh once a month and am free of the addiction of jumpin on it and allowing it to rule/ruin(? lol ) my life for hours at a time:wink::laugh:

1 week isn't very long to get a good picture of how your body is adjusting, stick to what you know is healthy and you'll see the results as your body makes changes:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Keep measurements and stick with it. It will come off.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    your profile says that you've lost 7 lbs. Maybe you lost that before you got here, but don't discount that! That's huge! Also, 1 week is not long enough to know if this is working. It took almost 3 weeks for me to see my first results here. Stick with it and it'll happen :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, It will come off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!