Macros

Options
Anyone good with doing macros based diet? Im just starting and wondering if theres any tips on staying within your limits for each group? How do you avoid unexpected carbs etc? My goal is to lose 75lbs.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You avoid unexpected anything by logging before you put something into your mouth rather than after. Some people pre-log their whole day in advance. I log right before I eat because I like spontaneity. Pre-logging lets me decide if I really want the item and, if so, how much of it I want.

Don't worry about hitting your macros exactly. In the ballpark most days is fine. I aim to get at least enough protein and fat and then fill in the rest with whatever.
  • erikalandrews
    erikalandrews Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Im hoping this makes a difference in how my body responds to this life style change and I am able to drop the weight ans keep it off!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What is a macros based diet? You can set your macros as you wish, or even ignore macros, if you wish. You lose weight when you're taking in fewer calories than you burn. It's so simple. But you have to do it for real, consistently and for a long time. Human bodies can thrive on a wide range of diets, but eating way differently than you're used to, or like, has a high failure rate.

To avoid unwanted things from happening, plan ahead.