Is it safe to use a HRM at a waterpark?

Options
I'm going to an amusement park with my kids on Sunday. It'll be an all day event (10am-10pm). I've decided to use my HRM to log all the extra walking I'll be doing since that'll be my exercise for the day.

There is a large waterpark there and I'm sure we'll be spending a few hours climbing stairs to go on slides, etc. I have a Polar FT7. It says it's water resistant to 100m. Do you think I'll be safe wearing it at the waterpark or should I play it safe and take it off for that time? I don't want to damage it, but I'd love to see what my heart rate gets to going down those steep slides.

Replies

• imprimez
    imprimez Posts: 36
    Options
    It claims that it's rated down to a depth of 100m, so if it fails just being splashed by some water then I would ask the company for a refund. I'm assuming the device came with some type of guarantee.
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I swim with the FT4.
    No problems.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Should be fine. I know people who swim with an FT7 and I wear mine into the shower after a workout. Never fails.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Thanks for the answers!
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    I am so glad to see this! I am also going to an amusement park tomorrow and was wondering how i was going to make this work.. lol.. thanks!!!