Ramadan/All daily struggles

Options
I'm stuffed to the max. It's so hard to get all my calories and water into such a small time frame. It's even harder when I want to fit in some veggies.

What's your struggle today?
Does not have to be Ramadan related. :)

Replies

• firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    jawaherak wrote: »
    Hi, it can be intimidating at first but after few days of fasting I got it.
    First you must cut all the deep fried stuff out of your diet, start with water and dates , I guarantee you will feel much better, then you can have soup and salad and that should be enough for breakfast.
    Sometimes I cook some eggs or foul as well.

I actually do my exercise after 1 or 2 hours.
    Then try to eat a banana, it makes me feel full.
    Drink alot of water.
    By 1 am I prepare my sohour either I cook some porridge with honey drizzle or 200 gm of rice with chicken

I advice you to start counting your calories and change the pattern for better healther choices

Thanks for the advice but I guess you didn't look at my diary. :)
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    No problems really. I usually have close to 1200-1500 calories at iftar. 4-5 glasses of water. Here is the best part, I usually have to go to the bathroom within 30 mins and don't feel stuffed anymore. I guess I am lucky in that my body is working perfectly. No hunger, no dryness of mouth, no bad breath (surprisingly) and in general feel very good. I am very thankful that God has blessed me during Ramadan.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I was peaking at your diary.

You could try swapping out the fresh fruit for dried fruit and nuts. They are calorie dense. I personally would avoid potatoes and beans because they are very filling to me. You could also just have smaller portions of veggies and maybe a little extra of whatever you find to be not filling.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m fasting for Ramadhan too but for me it’s the opposite. I have to eat veggies and protein in order to feel full otherwise I’ll overeat. I would suggest eating less fibrous veggies and instead eat more spinach, tomatoes, kale, peppers, onions, aubergine and zucchini. Have more fats to reach your calorie needs like olive oil, avocado, nuts, butters etc. Have rice or pasta because they have quite abit of calories for a small amount. Eat protein such as fish, chicken and eggs. Have cheese. Dried fruit is a good idea too. Drink water as soon as you open your fast with 500ml-750ml which isn’t too too much. Then drink water again 45-50 minutes after iftar to avoid bloating. Drink in intervals not all at once. I’m not sure how long your fast is but here in the UK it’s 18 hours so I have 6 hours to drink 3 litres of water.