Hi everyone my name is Evelyn

Options
I am 440 pounds and i want to lose a lot of wieght. i was told about this site and i'm glad i'm here to take advantage of the resources. i hope i get a chance to talk to someone that is in the same boat as me. i'm glad to be here
evelyn

Replies

• egee
    egee Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 440 pounds and i want to lose a lot of wieght. i was told about this site and i'm glad i'm here to take advantage of the resources. i hope i get a chance to talk to someone that is in the same boat as me. i'm glad to be here
    evelyn
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Evelyn,,,, You come to the right place. This is the best there is. I love it here. So glad you found us.
    W are here to help and to be helped. This is all about helping one and another..We need you as much as you need us. Posting here will certainly help you reach you goal. I am a very slow loser but I can see progressed has been made. Welcome to the gang here at MFP.
  • yankees
    Options
    Hello evely my name is ashley im new on here to i heard about this place through a friend im looking to loose some weight 2 im lookin to loose 50lbs so hopefully this site works and helps us loose weight goodluck
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hi there Evelyn, you're gonna love this site. I am 240 pounds and need to lose 100+ pounds. I started on Jan 21, and started tracking my weight on the scale on Jan 30th. I have Lost 10 pounds since that day. This place is great, the support is incredible, the food ideas are yummy and the motivation to work-out is tip top. Feel free to talk about anything, everyone is kind and willing to lend a hand.

Welcome, hope to see you around often, feel free to bug me whenever you want, I am unemployed and online until late in the evenings................

PS be sure to drink your water, this is going to be key in your weight loss. Helped all my achey joints, my skin, my hair and my insides...........water is important. (althought the peein all the time can get to be a pain)

:flowerforyou:
  • mslovetoteach
    Options
    I'm so happy you joined us on your journey to a healthier you! This site is AMAZING for motivation and tips on bettering yourself. Never give up! When you feel like you're gonna break, just log on.....I live in Alaska and because it's a little chilly here, the seditary life style sets in. This site has provided me with lots of options. Congratulations on finding the strength to chance you, for YOU!
  • sumavv
    sumavv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Evelyn,
    Welcome abroad..My name is Suma and I hope to lose 65 lbs..I have lost 11 lbs..This website is really gr:8 and gives so much motivation..So don't give up..we're all in the same boat..:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Evelyn (and Ashley and any other "newbie" too!) Welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this website, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive and helpful, and everyone here is so nice. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • TexasLaneys
    Options
    Hi Evelyn,

I am a new member to MFP also and really am enjoying this site. I was at 379 lbs on 7/31/08. That was when I started a program called "New Directions" offered by the Methodist Hospital System. It does not involve surgery. I attend the classes at the Willowbrook Methodist Hospital. The number there is 281-477-1265. They have introductory classes every Tuesday afternoon. As I said at the top, I started the program 7/31/2008 and have dropped 115 lbs to date. My next class is on 2/16/09 and I hope to have lost more. My wife started the program this week also, which is exciting. The program is offered at several of the units in the Methodist Hospital System. This has been a great option for me and now that I am in the "living it" stage of the program, MFP is going to be a big part of my accountabilty part of the program. We are all in the journey of "weight loss" and better health together, and this is a great place to meet others on that same journey. Best of luck.

Craig
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hi Evelyn! :smile:

Good luck & wishing much success to you on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Kellyelly
    Options
    Welcome newbie's from another newbie! Yesterday was my official start date. Maybe next week this time, we'll all be a pound or two down.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Evelyn I am so glad you are here, you are in the right place! :drinker: I started using MFP at the end of December and I love it here. The people are so encouraging so please post your successes and your worries we are here for you. I will be here with you on this journey as I had 391 when I came and am still at 370 so I know where you are coming from I was at 535 at my heaviest. You can do this. Make sure you stick to the calories and spread them out so you never feel hungry. The biggest problem I had when I started was feeling bad about eating all of the calories I was given when it had been pounded in my head to only eat 1200 or 1500. Well 21 pounds later I have no issues with the eating of calories. When you exercise you get more calories to eat. Try to eat them too. I know it is hard to stick to some days but don't forget that we are here and if you are too shy to post about it feel free to PM me through our mail system. You can do this!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart:

I have a link below my weight ticker that has some great posts to answer questions that really helped me when I started. When you get a change read through them they are great! Welcome!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again