Square butt and no waist

Options
Hi,

Im really happy that my diet and exercise is paying off, lost a few lbs since January. My legs are starting to look toned and shapely, I even have that toblerone tunnel that people are going on about lately :)

But my butt is quite square and I don't really have a waist :( my boobs are quite big so I look a bit like a lollipop at the moment.

I have two children and had c sections on both, my pelvis is quite small, there's a bit of loose skin. So I guess I don't know if I can do much to change my shape that much.

What kind of exercises can I do to try? I walk at least 5 miles every day, I do squats, donkey kicks and lunges. Anything else I can do? X

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What is a toblerone tunnel?

Definitely start incorporating strength training, something like Strong Curves is a great program with focus on the glutes.

If you still have weight to lose you can help retain what muscle you have, maybe build and shape a little. Otherwise if you are at goal weight you can eat at maintenance and work on body composition to build some muscle and lose fat over time.
  • 0ysterboy
    0ysterboy Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You can only change the shape of your body by surgery and building muscle. You cannot "spot-reduce" when losing weight, the fat comes off your body in a way you cannot control. Certain exercises will build muscle and this will shape your body but results will limited if you continue to carry extra body fat. Might be best to discuss your goals with a personal trainer while you continue with your caloric deficit to lose body fat. Best to remember that this is a slow process, staying with a program is essential.
  • LynseyJx84
    LynseyJx84 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Oh it's like a triangular gap at the top of your thighs, silly name I know.

I still have weight to lose, ive just noticed that my legs are starting to look good but nothing seems to be changing anywhere else.

I wish I could spot reduce, all I've been focused on is losing weight but now I need to start thinking about building muscles. Walking a lot isn't going to do that I need to find new exercises and maybe think about the gym.

I will have a look at strong curves, not heard of that, thankyou x
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Squats (both traditional and Bulgarian split), lunges, deadlifts, and most of all, hip thrusts have given me my butt back.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    LynseyJx84 wrote: »
    even have that toblerone tunnel that people are going on about lately :)

Oh it's like a triangular gap at the top of your thighs, silly name I know.
    OH no! A new defect for people to stress over!
  • somethingxcompletelyxdifferent
    Options
    Bret Contreras has a 30-day better butt challenge on his website and it really does work. Good luck.
  • cleesus
    cleesus Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that your body doesnt burn fat from all areas equally. Everyone is different but usually your body doesnt start burning fat in certain areas like your lower stomach until your fat is mostly gone everywhere else.

So you will have to keep lowering your body fat percentage if it seems like certain areas are not losing any body fat