MACROS!! WEIGHING FOOD ?!? AND PORTION SIZE !!!HELP

:s:s HELP HELP HELP

Im going a little crazy, i started my flexible diet where i count my macros and i meal prep.

And im freaking dying!!

I have so many questions, like i saw the macro cheat sheet and i know for example when i got to the grocerie store i can pick up chicken breast and scan and it will tell me the protein and the fat ....But on the macros sheet it says Protien and it has chicken !!(so like without the fat ?) so then what is the right way ? to scan ? or to just count chiken has a WHOLE protein ?

Also do you cook your meat before or after ? i know that alot of people say before but when i watch youtube videos they just cook their meat and then they weight out after its done ?? so as you can see im f** confused ?

HELp im loosing sleep over this :(:s

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Most proteins will have some fat associated but it is predominantly protein; ditto with pork and turkey
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Most foods are a combination of macros, but are typically classified under the macro they have the most of. I really don't know what program you are using or how you are scanning foods into specific macros. But chicken is a protein that also has some fat.

You can measure meat raw or cooked, just make sure you use the right database entry - you can find USDA entries for raw and for cooked.

Macros are not something to lose sleep over! If your goal is weight loss or gain, calories will determine whether that happens or not. Macros are for satiety and health, and are just a general guide - you don't have to get them perfect.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum. Good luck!
  • Wendycorral
    Wendycorral Posts: 8 Member
    thanks guys