Staying healthy with an Eating disorder

Options
I know this is a very awkward topic, but it needs to be addressed. I personally have struggled with an eating disorder, and because of it my weight has fluctuated a lot. I’m really only using this app to keep track of everything for my doctors, but I really wanted to see/know if there was anyone else out there seeking or willing to give support for those who struggle with an ED.

Replies

• NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    I’ve never personally struggled with an ED, but I am more than happy to offer to support you! You’re an inspiration to me, dealing with that is tough.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    If you need support you can add me
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ChloRob_ wrote: »
    I know this is a very awkward topic, but it needs to be addressed. I personally have struggled with an eating disorder, and because of it my weight has fluctuated a lot. I’m really only using this app to keep track of everything for my doctors, but I really wanted to see/know if there was anyone else out there seeking or willing to give support for those who struggle with an ED.

Hi I'm from UK having CBT therapy for bulimia over half way through treatment made so many positive changes not going to say it's been easy fare from it still have up down days but slowly getting there. Feel free to add me ☺
    George
  • samcskelton
    samcskelton Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I struggle with EDNOS. I’ll binge for months, then I’ll change drastically and eat almost nothing. My weight fluctuates a ton, during my pregnancy I was lazy and got over 200 lb, now imrestricting again, and in one month Ive gone from 215 just after his birth to 177.6 exactly a month later... my lowest weight is 125 and that was December 2016.
  • aliensca13
    aliensca13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've struggled on and off with different EDs since the age of 15. Started with BED, I lost the weight and went into Anorexia and here I am on the BED side again. I'm here if any of you need support. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Eating disorders are a complicated subject. I had anorexia before a name was put on it in the early 70's. I could pinpoint exactly how it started by my dad telling me I was getting a little thick around the sides...well....thats all it took to be in full blown anorexia. I had fainted in a mall and from that point on my mom was shoving food in my mouth....tough period!
    I was off and on that cycle for years.
    I can relate as a 61yo can. I am here.
  • dk6boys
    dk6boys Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm here to help and support as well. Feel free to add me
  • RSSmith1053
    RSSmith1053 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also diagnosed with EDNOS... In the past, I have bounced between anorexia and bingeing. I understand your struggles & am glad that you reached out!! <3
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started my recovery 2 years ago. Diagnosed with anorexia, but I've struggled with bulimia as well.