New here, Kinda --Need a support system

Options
chrissietiny
chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
So, here I am, starting over again. I swear, it feels like I have started over so many times. However this time, I refuse to fail so here's to hoping no more starting over.

A little about me: My name is Chrissie and I am 41 years old. I have seven children and have been married for 20 plus years. I was a professional blogger for years and lived chained to my laptop. However, in March, I decided to stop writing for good and got a job as a tech support agent in a busy call center. And, I LOVE it.

even years ago, I lost 110 pounds. However, through a series of life changes and working at home, I gained it all back plus 20 pounds.

I am not looking to try any shakes or crazy low carb diet. I just want to learn to control how much food I eat and be more active. I am looking for active posting friends and people who are determined to lose weight and stay fit. :)

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as starting over again. You are finding and using tools to improve your habits, which will help you lose weight and stay healthy. To figure out what works best for YOU, you need to identify all the individual habits and behaviors that are sabotaging your success.

Log EVERYTHING.
    Don't JUST weigh (with a scale is best) everything you eat, also write why you are eating it (i.e, lunchtime, hungry, kind of bored, out with friends, watching tv) and how you are feeling right before, right after and an hour after (hungry, comfortable, normal, full, very full bloated, drowsy, OMG I am so damn sick of this crap I want to throw the whole plate out a window, etc).
    This gives you a baseline pattern for your normal habits and routine. From there, it's just a matter of experimenting. Are you very full after dinner? Cut back on a few things. Does lunch leave you bloated and gassy after an hour, try less or no mayo, and see if there's something you don't mind dropping each meal (fries, or cheese, or maybe only 2 tacos instead of 3).Are you starving an hour after dinner?Maybe more fats during.
    It's amazing how quickly these small and easily sustainable changes will add up to big calorie cuts. Only cut one or two things at a time, until they become habit instead if trying to do everything at once. That way they become individual habits instead of one big "diet".
    Break things down into individual behaviors and habits. Instead of looking at this as an all at once, or all or nothing proposition, find ways to break things down into smaller and more sustainable habits. That makes it much easier to pinpoint where something is not working, and fix it, rather than staring at the whole jumbled mess of NOT WORKING. Plus, when you do backslide, you are less likely to drop everything, just one or two habits, that can then be fixed again. Otherwise, trying to everything at once, means that you are likely to leave out something important (like weighing food), and pay excessive attention to things that aren't. (Like fiber drinks and vinegar)
    Don't demonize foods that don't actually make you feel bad. Obviously if you have food sensitivities avoid those things, but don't cut out all your favorite goodies because they are not "healthy". Think of your calories as a type of currency. You should purchase the nutrient rich stuff first, budget for regular treats, and don't waste any calories on stuff you hate, even if it is theoretically good for you.
  • ccooper91011
    ccooper91011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have started over many times before to... I'm determined this time. This is only day 3 but I feel like this time it's going to be successful. I need to get the water drinking part down though. I can go all day without a drink. Lol.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey there I am 42 and Im not selling shakes! Lol Im a sahm , no agenda, just also looking for mfp friends. Feel free to add me if u like.
  • Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You got this!