Pasta

Options
I generally eat whole wheat pasta or brown rice with lunch and dinner every day, is that terribly bad? should i cut down to having pasta one meal a day because i usually eat two cups of pasta a day.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of factors, really. Are you healthy? Are you losing weight? Are you showing any signs at all that it adversely affects you (fatigue, bloating, etc)?

You'll find that a lot of people don't eat pasta much at all and have the same kind of success as some people who eat a lot of it. All of us are different, and we need to find out what works best for us. Maybe lessen the amount and see if it helps you out. If it does, then keep doing it.

Also, how are you on sugar and total carbs compared to other things? I think it IS possible to have pasta often and not have too many carbs or sugars...but sometimes (and quite often!) we have more sugars than we thought.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    not bad..
  • ollybollysmommy
    ollybollysmommy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i am always below atleast 100 with my carbs and below atleast 40 with my sugars, i have lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks but i feel like maybe i did because it was a jolt change in my calorie intake and exercise because i actually tried to control my portions and joined this site to help, now im worried if i keep eating that much pasta it might set me back and prevent me from losing weight and getting healthier
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    i am always below atleast 100 with my carbs and below atleast 40 with my sugars, i have lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks but i feel like maybe i did because it was a jolt change in my calorie intake and exercise because i actually tried to control my portions and joined this site to help, now im worried if i keep eating that much pasta it might set me back and prevent me from losing weight and getting healthier

Well, remember that weight loss is about calories, not necessarily where the calories come from. I don't see the need to change things up unless you plateau and stay on that plateau for a while. That's when changing things helps.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Meh. I workout lots now. I only eat pasta maybe once every 2 weeks. But if I do, I use ground turkey breast. Only on workout days as well.
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a high carb diet, as long as you cut out the refined carbs and refined sugars. True whole wheat pasta is a better alternative to white pasta and brown rice is better than white rice. If you look at my diary, you will see I eat a lot of starch a day. I cannot exercise presently because of back injuries, so you would think I would gain weight, but I have been able to maintain my weight. I am also a type 2 diabetic and these starches are not pushing my blood sugars. Of course everyone is different.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    no its whole wheat so it's OK