High protein low carb foods

Hi all. I work entirely too much and am looking for quick or easy high protein low carb meals. I need more variety to what I eat. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    High protein is all the meats, fish, eggs.

I find variety in the carbs, especially vegetables.

You may find variety with the sauces and the packaging. For instance you can top your protein of choice on a bed of lettuce, rice, pasta, or rolled up in a wrap.

You can get prepackaged sauces to save you time like sriracha, soy, spaghetti, vinaigrette and curry.

You could hard boil and peel a dozen eggs at a time for a quick portable protein snack.

Roast chicken is readily available.

All the sausages are ready to eat and portable.

You can get prepared meat balls pre frozen. Just take out what you need. I find it cheaper and just as easy to prepare a family pack of hamburger meat in to a tray of meatballs and bake them all at once.

Hubby and I get frozen individually wrapped cod or salmon that is pretty easy to prepare when the mood hits.
  • doux_et_fort
    doux_et_fort Posts: 11 Member
    Nuts!
  • doux_et_fort
    doux_et_fort Posts: 11 Member
    Oysters : 11g protein, 8g carbs, 8g fat lol
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Choose a couple of protein sources, add vegetables and seasoning/sauce. Pretty easy. Some of my go to meals

2 eggs, 3oz chicken, roasted broccoli, salsa
    hamburger patty, scrambled egg, roasted carrots/zucchini/onion/tomato
    baked fish, cabbage slaw, tomato and garlic, mango salsa
    turkey meatballs, grilled asparagus and cauliflower, marinara
  • Leeah77MFP
    Leeah77MFP Posts: 25 Member
    Cheese, salami, lunch meat..I
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Meat.
  • renaecotton123
    renaecotton123 Posts: 15 Member
    Protein powder
    Eggs
    Greek yogurt (no added sugar)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Some food suggestions here:

fsjq0t470gae.jpg
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Same thing here- I work two jobs (full time + part time) and need easy meals on the go. We have plenty of "grab'n'go" options! Here are some of the things that I do:

Meal prep is a wonderful thing. I bought a few compartmentalized food storage containers cheap from Target. Then I put frozen veggies in one compartment, lean meats in another, whole grain or another kind of veggie in another. Healthy frozen meal ready to go!

Some supermarkets sell pre-made salads, salad kits, or you could always get a large Ziploc bag and make your own kit.

The pp put up a wonderful chart (thank you for sharing that Anvil!) You could plan some great make-ahead meals based off of that.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    For questions like yours, I love this thread so much:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

Once you settle on great protein sources you love, finding quick/easy cooking methods or recipes is pretty easy via Google or Pinterest.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Seafood and white fish, ham, cold cuts, protein powder, nonfat cottage cheese and Greek yogurt