Really need help... i cant stay this big anymore...

Options
315 pounds and depressed. I want to change that.

Replies

• berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You can change it! It's hard work and dedication, but YOU CAN DO IT! You are at the right place for help and support! You aren't the only one on this journey to better health. I've struggled with being overweight since I was a kid. I've tried many ways to lose weight and MFP has worked great for me. Of course, it is just a tool, you will have to put what you pick as a way to lose the weight into gear and work at it.
  • imgritz
    imgritz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Start simple. Try to drink 64oz of water each day. Then try to do some walking. Pick small goals and celebrate your victories.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can do this! Since most weightloss is diet related, start by logging your food. Even if you eat more than your calorie allowance on one day, log it.
  • AnnasMom89
    AnnasMom89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! You can still eat anything you want, just log it all and try not to go over your calories. Getting moving will give you more room each day to eat more of your favorites, or don't eat them back and lose even more. My favorite way to get active is to do Zumba at home, through YouTube videos. Who cares if it's only a few minutes at a time? Just find what you love to do and what's fun and do it.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Perfect is the enemy of good and don’t feel like you need to deprive yourself or exercise yourself into the ground to make progress. Being miserable isn’t a requirement for losing weight (nor should it be). Just pick a reasonable deficit, log your food, add in some activity when and if you feel up to it, accept you’ll have days where you go over your goal and give it time.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Do you really want to change your weight? It's a more profound question than you think. I had to have a "last straw" moment that truly changed my level of motivation. Self-delusion is extremely powerful. Do some real soul-searching because you have to make the mental decision to lose the weight. It's a commitment to being a little uncomfortable and not doing some things that make you happy (e.g. a snack during a good movie). If and when you make that mental leap then applying the MFP tools is pretty easy and the weight will come off---I have the graphs to prove it.