CAT or DOG

Options

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Both, but I only have cats (3) right now. Cats are easier with a busy schedule, I can leave them plenty of food & water and a clean litter box and not have to worry about being out of town for a couple of days. Dogs I'd need someone to feed them and take them out.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    5 cats

they take care of any Trust Passers "insects"

my oldest cat can tell time at night so she can get treats they never forget
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Cats! I love the curl up time and nap time!!!!!! She warms me in winter. No going outside in 4 feet of snow or rain or extreme heat. No pulling her off people. Kitties rule. The soft purr is like love in a heating pad. The tail that wraps around your leg makes you feel appreciated and loved.
  • Mucky_Duck
    Options
    I'm a steadfast dog person. I adore their devotion, energy and that they actually seem so pleased to be with you. Cats are nice too - but I know many that couldn't care less about their owners or seem to think we are there to do their bidding rather than be a companion. I always feel like dogs need their owner as much as we need them whereas cats don't have that dependance and therefore can be less attached.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I'm a vet med student so I obviously like both but I prefer dogs over cats. . .unless the cat acts like a dog!! We have 2 dogs and a cat and I can honestly say they all make me laugh!!
    We love both. I am more of a cat person who wishes I could have a dog, and my hubby is a dog person, who likes our cat but wishes he was a dog. lol I think Fishy has picked up on this vibe cause he will fetch, and chase us around the house like a puppy. He greets us at the door with his tail almost wagging and misses us when we leave town for a day or two. He's devoted to us.

We are not allowed to have dogs here, but if it ever changes, we are so getting a doggy. :)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    dogs ftw.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I want a dog. I NEED a cat.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Cats! I love the curl up time and nap time!!!!!! She warms me in winter. No going outside in 4 feet of snow or rain or extreme heat. No pulling her off people. Kitties rule. The soft purr is like love in a heating pad. The tail that wraps around your leg makes you feel appreciated and loved.

This here is why I NEED a cat in my life. My dog, as cute and nice as he was, NEVER did this for me. My cat...all the time!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    DOG!!!!!!!!!
  • WendyHJ
    WendyHJ Posts: 60
    Options
    We have 3 cats, and I adopted an Italian greyhound in 2005 as a walking partner. My husband resented it but my need to have a partner overrode his desire to not have a dog just because he prefers cats. he loves her, they are very cat-like, clean, don't shed, and love to cuddle.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    cat or dog.........which do you perfer and why?? We have 2 cats & 1 dog, but, cats are my all time favorite =O)

How about BOTH?

My husband and I have 7 cats (2 of which are kittens that we recently rescued), 2 dogs (1 is a police K9 and the other is a mutt we rescued last year from the streets), 1 coral reef fish tank with 2 fish, 1 goldfish tank with 2 fish, and 1 tropical freshwater tank with too many fish to count (I bought 4 platies and they...um...love each other and now I have tons of fish in there!).

I love all my babies. I wouldn't get rid of any of them for the sake of the others. Cats, dogs, and fish are all awesome, lol.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Love dogs more than people sometimes! My parent's dog (which I lived with for 3 years) is seriously the smartest little sucker I've ever met. He hasthe cutest facial expressions and you can actually understand what he's thinking sometimes. I forget he's a dog because he acts so human, except he's far cuter and adores you all the time! It's true, man's best friend. I've moved away from home and I've learned to cope without my family and old friends, but I miss that dog every single day!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options

This here is why I NEED a cat in my life. My dog, as cute and nice as he was, NEVER did this for me. My cat...all the time!

I have cuddle time with one of my cats every morning, and I love every minute of it. The other one just comes and finds me when he wants attention.
  • JS295
    JS295 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a cat lover. Have 2 cats,but one thinks he's a dog. He chews on everything!
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dogs are my favorite, although I own one cat. I live in an apartment and dogs aren't allowed, unfortunately. :(
    But dogs are my absolute favorite. :)
  • Coppercutie
    Coppercutie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Both...and beyond. I have enjoyed *most* of them. I wish I could attach a pic of my prissy puppy and the tomkitten she loves so much:)
  • Debbie0517
    Debbie0517 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love them both! Currently we have a slobbery, drooling basset, Leonard, and a lovely DLH, Gilbert. They get along quite well and actually play games with each other. The downside of all this playing is that I have to brush the dried slobber off of Gilbert and it is stiffer than dried styling mousse.
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    Love them both although dogs are definitely a lot more work.
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    I am a total cat person, but I currently only have 2 dogs. LOL. My soon to be ex husband is allergic to cats, so we got dogs. I love theme to pieces, but they are the last ones I will own.
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    It depends how codependent I am feeing that day. If I need undivided attention and reassurance, unconsitional love and snuggles, my dogs oblige. If I feel solid in my uniqueness and and confident, I lik that my cat allows me space (except when she is ordering me around-feed me, pet me, feed me, brush me, feed me, scoot over so I can lay in your warm spot in my bed, feed me.) (Or except when she is acting like a dog, liking me.)